Sunday, December 11, 2011

Crackle-Lacque'n

Hello all!

It was time to finally sport a crackle manicure.  I know that now crackle polishes are super common and you can find them everywhere in all different colors and brands.  But for Valentine's Day earlier this year my mom got me the ORIGINAL crackle polish, OPI's Black Shatter.  This was part of Katy Perry's polish line and when crackle polish made its debut. I thought it was the most awesome thing ever and got so many compliments! A few month later the trend blew up, and I felt like a little trend setter, haha.

Since then I have done plenty of Black Shatter manis with lots of different color combinations, and I have even stocked up on a few other brands and colors.

Today I wanted to try something a little different, Black Shatter over a bright gradient.


























Here is the base I started with.  I used the Hot Topic brand nail polishs (they don't have actual names) in a neon yellow and neon green.  I started with a coat of yellow all over, and then nail-by-nail, another coat of yellow, and then a little green line, like a french manicure.  With my finger I smeared the green with the yellow to blend them into a gradient.  As you can see it looks really messy, and I would never wear it like this on its own, but when you add the shatter, the imperfections are hidden.





































OPI in Black Shatter, Hot Topic brand in a neon yellow and a neon green.

Base and top coat - Sally Hansen Miracle Cure for Severe Problem Nails

What do you think? Personally I think it looks boss! I absolutely love it, I might have to try it with a pink/orange gradient next!

What you you think of Black Shatter, and this mani?

6 comments:

  1. This is really cool!! I love the gradiant! You should totally try a sparkly nail polish with the black shatter over it.
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Maybe i'll try that new glitter we got yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have ever seen a gradient crackle! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ScarsLikeLace - yay I'm glad you like it, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...