Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Don't Be a Flake

Hey guys! I am going to Philly tomorrow for a few days so I wont be able to post for a couple days. Also, tomorrow is my first day of my new job - scary!

I am so behind on my polishes, I have bottles from months ago that I haven't worn yet, oops! I got this flakie a few months ago.  I is Color Club in Covered in Diamonds.  I tried it against a mint green and I wasn't a big fan of how it looked. Plus the flakes were big and thick, so they wouldn't lay flat and I found myself picking at the pieces that would stick up.



























So today I wanted to see how this flakie would look against a darker background, and I have to say it really gave it life! I like it much better against a dark blue, it really lets the colors reflected in the flakes pop.  It has pieces that are blue, green, purple, and orange.  They are more random and dispersed than a normal flakie, but I still think its pretty cool and I'm happy with it.

I paired this flakie with Revlon Top Speed in Royal (one of my favorite new colors that I haven't used much, but I really should - look how bright and awesome this blue is! Its almost electric).






































How I achieved this look: Two coats of Revlon Top Speed in Royal, then two coats of Color Club in Covered in Diamonds.  And of course my base coat of Sally Hansen Miracle Cure of Severe Problem Nails.

So what do you think of this flakie? (Not to mention this blue!)

12 comments:

  1. I love flake polishes! They add so much to plain polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Polish and Charms - me too, they are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Polish AMOR - yay I'm glad you like it as much as I do, I will have to get more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a big fan of flakies, but oh man that blue IS GORGEOUS! =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ScarsLikeLace - haha right!! I know, its an awesome blue, i love ittttt

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I am nominating you for a blog award but won't have a post for it until tomorrow (the 20th). =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Scars - ahhh you're the best! thanks sooo much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Royal is an all-time classic in my book, lookes great with those flakies added on! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. @duhnay23 - OMIgoshhhh I know right? It is seriously the best blue I have ever seen! aww thank you! :) I'm glad you like it too!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...