Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Marbles and Stamps

Hey readers! Today I wanted to combine two nail art techniques, water marble, and stamping.  I have tried marbling before and usually was complete fail.  But  this time it didn't turn out too bad! I guess I just need practice (or the right polishes).  I also wanted to try out my first stamp mani! There are so many designs to try it's really overwhelming! I just want to try out so many ideas!

To start off this mani I used Love My Nails in White, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Cinna-snap, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed to do the water marble part.


























Here is the result, not bad if I do say so myself! Don't mind the mess, I'll clean up when I'm all done.


























Here is the stamp plate I used.  To stamp I used Sally Hansen Xtreme-Wear in Black Out.

Anndddd.....Drumrolllll.....Here is the final result!
















It kind of looks like an eye on my thumb! Pretty cool and weird.




























Here is what I used -

























Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Cinna-snap, Love My Nails in White, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed, Sally Hansen Xtreme-Wear in Black Out.

For my base and top coat I used Sally Hansen Miracle Cure for Severe Problem Nails.

What do you guys think? At first I wasn't a huge fan, it wasn't really the look I was going for.  But the more I look at it the more I like it! I think it looks like a mosaic art piece!

8 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I like the marble and stamp together, it seems like there's a little too much going on. I like them separately... Idk... I can't decide on this one, it is different, though! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Scars - I agree with you, that was my problem at first with it, I think it looks kinda cool though :) Oh well, gotta experiment and learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I like all the colors together!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...