Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My First Splatter

Hello all! I am back from my trip to Florida and in the cold New York weather, brrrr! Nothing brightens my day like new manicures!  I was looking at some blogs the other day and found this: thepolishaholic-neon splatter mani tutorial. How freaking awesome re these nails? I love them! So i decided to try my hand at a splatter mani.

For my look I started with white (Love My Nails in White) and decided to splatter deep green, blue, and purple.    For that I used Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Emerald City, Revlon Top Speed in Royal, and B.S.N. Nail Lacquer in Purple Me.



























A word on the tutorial - be sure to use a super skinny straw! I tried to use a normal sized one and it didn't work at all.  I used a juicebox straw after and that worked perfectly.  Also, I had to use way more nail polish than the tutorial said I would need.

Oops - BLUE too hard on my index finger! Haha, I'm so punny!



































As you can see it's not perfect, I will keep practicing and trying out different color combinations - any suggestions? Have you tried your hand at the splatter mani? Let me know what you think!

Thanks again to The Polishaholic for this awesome tutorial!

6 comments:

  1. That looks really cool! I like the colors you used! It would be interesting to try glitter or metallic polish as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Ohh that's a good ideal, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color combo you chose! I especially LOVE that blue!!

    I haven't tried a splatter mani yet, but I really need to get into gear and do so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you :) You should totally try it, I'd love to see how it turns out on you! I definitely want to try it again and get more practice

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I tagged you for a blog award. I will have a post on my blog for it tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that's so nice, thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...