Thursday, December 29, 2011

A New Years Mani

Hey guys!
A few weeks ago, Sara, and I did our normal CVS run, and we picked up a few polished.  Allllllll the way in the back of the store we found the Sally Hansen Gem Crush collection! We fell in love. Seriously, they are the most beautiful set of polishes I have ever seen! We each picked up one.  I grabbed Big Money.  My first thought was that it would make a perfect New Year mani!

Here is a swatch of Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Big Money.  Can you see why I think this is gorgeous!? I didn't even layer it over another color.  There is so much glitter it didn't need it! It has so many little gold pieces with some bigger purple ones mixed in.  What a great combination of colors.  I really can't get over how much I love it.

I really wanted to play off the purple accents for this mani, so I decided to do a french tip and gem accent nail. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out for the tip.

For the tip I did the scotch tape method.  I tried to make it less sticky, but it still took of a few pieces of glitter when I removed it.  Otherwise I think It worked out well.  I added some purple gems to bring out the bits of purple glitter in the polish.





Here is what I used:


I am also trill trying out that new nail protein I got, here is my progress:

I am using Nailtiques Formula 2.  This is day 5 (12/29/11).  I don't see much progress yet :(

So what do you guys think of my New Years Mani? Are you planning any manis to bring in the new year?

7 comments:

  1. I've been wearing my Gem Crush polish all week and it hasn't chipped at all!! I love it! The only problem? When I tried to take it off today, it took FOREVER! Haha! I love the addition of the purple gems. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really? that's awesome! yay i love it! Haha i know, glitter can be annoying to take off lol. thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you did the accent nail! I love the blue Gem Crush the most! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely! Big Money is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Scars - awww thank you :) oh the blue one is so pretty!! i love it, I almost got that one

    @Polish and Charms - thank you! mine too, its so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Michelle - Thank you :) you too! hope its a good one!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...