Friday, December 2, 2011

Not Like the Movies

Hey girls! It was time to do my nails again.  For Valentine's Day last year my mom got me some awesome polishes and I wanted to share one.  They were a few colors from Katy Perry's OPI line:  Last Friday Night, Not Like the Movies, Teenage Dream, and Black Shatter.  It was the first time any shatter polish was out, and it only came in black, but I was sooooo amazed by it! Of course there are more colors and brands now, but I felt like a trail blazer among my friends.

BUT this isn't about shatter.  I wanted to wear one color on its own, Not Like the Movies.  In the bottle it is a very pretty silver with green and pink accents in the light, and a little bit of silver sparkles.  I layered it over black and this is what I got:






























Two coats of OPI Katy Perry Line in Not Like the Movies over two coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Black Out and base coat of Sally Hansen Miracle Cure.

You can kind of see the color gradient in the light from the pink to the green.  I have to say I was not as happy as I expected to be.  The colors are a bit muted for me, this color looks much better as a base for the black shatter.

What do you think of this look? Do you have any of Katy's other colors? Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. I like that its sparkly, but its definitely not sparkly enough for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I really like this color or not. I do like how it shifts colors though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Scars - Ya I was definitely disappointed, I thought with the color shifts it would come way way awsomer than it did, oh well time to try more colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it on you! Wear it on its own next time and the multichrome will pop up much more! Great blog by the way! Thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nory - aww thank you! That's a good idea, I'll have to try it! thank you! I really like yours too :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...