Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chah-Ching!

This blog is bad on my wallet!  Now I have to go check out polishes everywhere I go, and I always end up picking some up.  Today was no different, lol.  I really try to get polishes that are around $5, but that doesn't always go as planned.  I ended up picking up my first bottle of Essie! C'mon, I had to!  I chose Essie Luxeffects in As Gold As It Gets.  It really beautiful and I feel would look great layered over just about any color.  I chose to show it to you guys over a dark green.  The gold and green together reminded me of money, haha, hence the title, plus the big bucks I spent on it.





Two coats of Essie Luxeffects in As Gold As It Gets, over two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Emerald City.

It was super hard to catch the beauty of this polish in a picture.  I love how the little flakes of gold catch the light as I move my hand, and how they blend right into the green, almost like they are one polish.

Do you guys have Essie Luxeffects As Gold As It Gets? What colors do you like to layer with it, or what other manis have you tried with it?

8 comments:

  1. Really cool! I love the gold specks! I have three or four bottles of Essie and they are very good quality. You should check out Amazon or Ebay to see if you can find a nail polish you like for cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this polish. I used it over Chinaglaze Trendsetter and it was pretty awesome. It looks like real gold flakes. Reminds me of gold-panning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sara - thank you!ooh really? what kinds of colors? that's a good idea! actually i have a gift card for ulta, maybe i'll check there too.

    @ChromaCraza - me too! oh i bet it looks amazing over that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I have the gold and the multi color flakie from the Luxe Effect collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo this'd be a great St. Patrick's Day look!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @polish - thanx! i love them

    @scars - haha I was thinking the same thing! I may have to rock it again to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't go wrong with Essie, I love their formulas. The only luxe effect I have of theirs is Shine of the Times. I couldn't find it anywhere so I had to order it from Amazon, which was actually cheaper than in store prices :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @frosso - It is so nice, I am really happy I got it! ooh awesome! i might have to pick up some more online

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...