Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I got some animal magnetism!

Now its time for today's mani! Today I will show you one of the polishes that I got from my mom for my birthday (back in November, sorry I'm a tad delayed). I'm sure by now many of you have seen magnetic effect polish, and I was super excited to try it out when I saw it for the first time a few months ago. This particular polish is Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish in Houses of Parliament.  It is a deep mauve-purple in the bottle, but of course changes once you add the magnetic effect.


































You can see the original color here.  The cap has a top that is removable with the magnet in it. The polish has little pieces of magnetic metal in the formula, so when you place the magnet over the wet polish on your nail, the pieces move around causing the effect. Once dry, the magnet can't move the pieces anymore so your mani stays put!

Here's how to create the effect:  First, apply a thin layer to each nail and allow a few minutes to dry.  Then, going nail-by-nail, apply a thicker coat of polish.  Quickly, take the magnetic cap and align the little ledge on your cuticle with the magnetic part above your nail.  Be careful not to let the magnet touch the polish (I had some issues with this at first, I had to get down to eye level to be able to see better and be sure that I wasn't touching the cap to the polish).  Keep the cap in place for about 15 seconds.  That's it! Continue to each nail and then finish with a top coat.  I used Sally Hansen Miracle Cure for Severe Problem Nails.  Here is how it turned out -






I seriously LOVE this effect!  In person it looks totally 3-D.  The color is now a gradient ranging from black to a lavender that changes in different lighting ad you move your hand.  It was hard to capture the awesomeness of this effect in photos.  It is a really unique look that will leave people wondering how you did that!

The only thing that I dislike is that this polish chips super easily.  Oh well, I guess that just means i will have to do another mani soon! :)

Have you tried out any magnetic polishes? What do you guys think?

12 comments:

  1. That looks really cool!! I like the purple color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I haven't seen stuff like this, I'll have to try it!

    http://ilookgood.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Marlee - thank you! I'm glad you like it. Oh you should go get a bottle, its pretty rad! :-P

    cool website, i LOVE the eco bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Polish and Charms - thank you! :) have you tried any magnetic polishes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE magnetic nail polish!! This is a really pretty color. I have blue, but really want ALL of the other colors, too! =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this in purple as well and the grey. It's so fun how it changes :) I had the same issue with accidently touching the cap to my nail, it does help to get down at eye level. Just an FYI, I heard through the blogger grape vine that China Glaze is coming out with their own magnetic polishes. Hopefully its not just a rumor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Scars - me toooo!! isnt is so awesome?? I love this color. ooh blue? i bet that is so pretty with the magnet effect. I really want some more colors!

    @Frosso - yay i love this polish! i almost gotthe grey too but I figured id stick to just one lol. ohh im glad im notthe only one that had some difficulty haha. have you been getting better at it? im still not perfect yet. actualy i had JUST heard that YESTERDAY! isnt that funny? lol I really hope its true too! i would love to try another brand's magnetic polish, and stock up on a few more colors! any idea what colors it will come it? what would you get? i think id want a gold or green!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @amy - yay me too, they are awesome! what kinds do you have?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...