Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pac-Mani

Hello Hello!  Time for another manicure!

Here is one that I have wanted to try out for a while, but I never had the right colors (or the motivation, lol).  Also, besides being a polish lover, I am also a nerd.  I love old video games and Star Wars, so doing a Pac-Mani was right up my alley! I have seen many nail bloggers show their own renditions of the Pac-Man mani, and I wanted to try my hand at it too. I have seen so many other bloggers try it I couldn't even attempt to give credit to everyone.  So if you guys have ever tried it, or know another blogger who has, feel free to add the link to the comments!

Sadly, as you know I had a hot water accident and I burned my hand a few days ago.  I have also had a pretty bad cough for a while and had to get blood work done at the doctor, so now my other hand is all sore and bruised.  I feel like someone is trying to tell me to take a break from doing my nails...but of course I wont listen!

Anyway, here is my Pac-Man, Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Sue/Clyde!






I think some of my ghosts look a little wonky.  I used blue painter's tape for the black triangles at the bottom and some home made dotting tools for the eyes (the back of a make up brush, and the tip of a bobby-pin).  Also  I know Blinky (the red one) is too dark, but I really don't like how most reds look on me, so it is the only one I had in my stash.

Here is a close up of Pac-Man:

The yellow I used was super thin, so this is one coat over Love My Nails in White.

Also for something different, I present to you my right hand!  For this hand I decided to do the white pills Pac-Man eats.




At first, I just wanted to add a little bit of sparkle to the black just for some fun.  But I love how it ended up turning out.  I used Milani in Diamond Dazzle.  I think it looks awesome over the black! It didnt just add a hint of glitter, it was a glitter explosion!  And over the black it brought out all of the colors in the glitter.  The blues, oranges, and yellows totally match Pac-Man and the ghosts on my other hand! I love how it looks so much, I just might sport this combo on its own in the future (so keep an eye out!).

Having some fun with my Pan-Man earrings! 

Wearing my Hard Candy ring on the finger with Hard Candy in Sky.

Haha sorry for this terrible photo.  I didn't have anyone to help me take it so I had to use my camera timer and flip it upside down.  I just thought my hand looked cute like this :-P Om nom nom nom!

Here is what I used:

Blinky: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Cinna-Snap
Pinky: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Bubblegum Pink
Inky: Hard Candy in Sky
Sue/Clyde: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed


Eyes and Background: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black out
Pac-Man: Sinful Colors in Unicorn
Glitter: Milani in Diamond Dazzle
Eyes and Pills: Love my Nails in White

For my base coat I used Nailtiques Formula 2.  And for my top coat, this is my first time using Seche Vite! I have heard so many great things about it from all you wonderful bloggers and I was on a mission to pick it up.  I bring you the LAST bottle in Harmon! I couldn't believe I was so lucky! I am so happy with it too.  It covers beautifully and it is so nice and shiny. Mmmmm. Love it. 

Also, sorry for the mess.  I was so excited about my mani, I just couldn't wait to snap some photos.  When I was all done I realized I forgot to clean up the polish on my fingers, oops!

What do you think of my Pac-Mani? Are you inspired to try one yourself?




28 comments:

  1. These are really great!! You did a fantastic job! I like how you used the back of a make up brush for the dots. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sara!! Haha I don't wanna pay for dotting tools, so I had to get creative

      Delete
  2. Those are so cute! Diamond Dazzle is such a fun glitter polish, I love that it works over EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you :) I love it so much! I haven't much but I am inspired to try it over more colors now!

      Delete
  3. This is so awesome! I need to bust out my nerd and do something awesome now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Sorry about your hand, hope it's healing quick...I hate burns >.< . These pac man mani's are so adorable though! Atleast your good hand looks awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! The pic of pac man eating his little white pills had me rolling! Seriously, you have definitely inspired me to try this manicure myself. =) Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! haha. yay! i definitely want to see it!

      Delete
  6. love it, you even made a something to eat for those cute guys :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! haha they need their fuel! :-P

      Delete
  7. How cute!! ^.^ I love the Sinful yellow!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! me too. i'm not the biggest fan of yellow but i really like this one

      Delete
  8. I love this!! It's so cutee! I always loved playing PacMan.. I tagged you in the 11 Questions tag & the Nail Polish tag.. Check out my blog for the info and rules :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! aww thanks :) i'll go check it out and post it soon!

      Delete
  9. So super duper cute! :D
    I want to try them now xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you!! you should! i cant wait to see!

      Delete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...