Thursday, January 19, 2012

Singed

Hey guys. I am going to show you a mani that I have wanted to try for a while, but I never had the right colors to really make it work.  But my mom had a coupon for Walgreens and I use the opportunity to get my hands on a yellow, Unicorn by Sinful Colors.  It is a nice light yellow, a little thin though (the only other yellow I had was neon), so it is a nice addition to my collection.

I was going to do my nails yesterday but I had a little...accident.  Yesterday I was making tea, and as I was pouring the boiling water into my steeper, I missed and poured the water all over my hand. So instead of doing my nails, I spent the whole day with ice on my hand.  :(

I decided to do a fire inspired mani.  And with my recent yellow, orange, and red additions I finally could.  It wasn't until I was about to start the polish process that I realized how fitting it was.  My nails and hand have both been singed.

How I did it: I created a gradient using black, red, orange, and yellow.  I started with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails XtremeWear in Black out on my tips.  Then I blended a layer of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Cinna-Snap above it.  I did the same using Sally Hansen Hard and Nail Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed, and finished with Sinful Colors in Unicorn.  Finally I added a layer of Essie Luxeffects in Shine of the times, which my amazing best friend Sara got for me! I love ya, Sara!  Everyone, don't forget to check out her awesome blog.




I am a little disappointed in how it turned out.  I didn't really get that fire/burned effect I was looking for.  The mixing/gradient turned a little brown.  It was hard to get all the colors to blend in together.  I tried different methods on each nail, but nothing really looked the way I wanted.  However the Essie Shine of the Times really saved it.  It reminded me of bright, glowing, floating embers like in a crackling fire.


Just thought I would show you guys my poor, sad hand.  Its ouchies.  Now it looks like my nails and hand were burned!  I must have just put my whole hand in a fire! Lol.

Here is what I used:

So what do you think of my fail singed mani? Do you have any other Essie Luxeffects? What do you think of them (and of my embers)?

15 comments:

  1. It looks really cool! The Luxe Effects really makes it look like your nails are on fire! And the burn helps too! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sara - thank you!! i agree, i really like it, thank you Sara! haha, unfortunately

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool effect! I only own Shine of the Times and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, really well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, love how this manicure turned up, looks really great :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really good! Hope your hand gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sandra - thank you!! :)

    @Nail Crazy - yay im glad you like it! i thought it was total fail haha

    @Polish - thank you!! haha thanks I hope so too

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Essie polish looks AWESOME!!! I love how the mani turned out. Sorry about your hand~it looks like it really hurts...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Colorsplashnails - thank you! I think the Essie really made it come alive! aww thank you. it hurt REALLY bad the first day/night but its feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute, I love the flakies on top!! =)

    That's terrible that you burned your hand!! =( At least it wasn't a broken nail? =P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors and sparkle! In face with the colors, if you went back in and sponged more of the yellow and you'd have totally ghoulish corpse fingernails.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ScarsLikeLace - thank you!! :) i know it was so sad :( haha isn't that saying something when we think a broken nail is worse than a burn :-P

    @Nail Nerd - me too!! oooh, that wasn't the look i was going for but definitely a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where has this blog been all my life! ... As a star trek ep space nine and Nintendo DS lover I haven't felt so connected to my nail art as I have been inspired by ur pacmani to do I was wondering if u can suggest a faux leopard neon star print that will work with a tie dye zebra bodysuit?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...