Monday, January 16, 2012

This Ain't Your Grandma's Hard Candy!

Hello everyone, time for another mani!  

I have been on the hunt for a nice light blue for quite some time and could never find one in the right color (or the right price).  But a few weeks ago on a trip to Walmart (of all places) I found Hard Candy in Sky (dragging my boyfriend through the makeup and nails aisles).  I loved the color and had read great things about hard candy so I picked it up right away.  And I have to say I love it!


This is the perfect light blue.  It is so delicate and pretty.  I couldn't stop looking at it! I almost didn't want to stamp on it and finish my mani I loved it on its own so much.

But I brought myself to stamp Revlon Top Speed in Royal (my other favorite blue).  I added an accent nail as well.  I used Salon Express plate SE10.




I off-stamped a few nails for a different look.  I just thought it looked really neat on my finger before I cleaned it up. 





I can't get over this stamping! It came out great.  I didn't think Sky could look any better but somehow it did. And how adorable is this big blue heart ring that came with it.  I love that Hard Candy does that.  It is so cute and unique!





For a change of pace, here is my left hand too:

Here is what I used:

Base and top coat: Sally Hansen Miracle Cure for Severe Problem Nails.

So what do you think? Do you have other Hard Candies? What do you think of them, and of Sky?



29 comments:

  1. The stamping looks really fantastic! I love how your ring finger is the opposite with dark blue and a light blue stamp. It looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you sara! you have to come over so we can stamp each others nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute!!
    1. I love the color combo
    2. I love the stamping
    3. I laughed out loud when I read the tittle of the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nory - thank you!! :) haha gotta appreciate that old people love hard candies too! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I love the contrasting blues and Royal is a fav of mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chroma - thank you!! yay i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't decide which of these blues I love more!! ^.^ I have Hard Candy's Beetle and it is really lovely too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Scars - me either! i love them both. Oh i like beetle, I almost picked it up too

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty! love the accent nail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the stamping! It looks amazing. And I've never tried Hard Candy polish before. Where do you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Colorsplash - thank you!! :) this was my very first time trying it. I got this one at Walmart, they had a few colors there. Im sure they have some online too. i just checked amazon, they have a couple colors for like $12. at Walmart they were only $4!! i might have to see if my boyfriend will take me back! (I dont have a walmart where i live, so i only go when I visit him in PA)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Sandra - thank you! you are too kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is gorgeous! It reminds me of my Nana's dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Polish and Charms - thank you! :) aww that's cute! I guess it IS your grandma's hard candy! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cuuute! Glad Im not the only one who drags their bf through the beauty section of every store LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Holly - thank you! haha I'm glad I'm not the only one too now! He has come to accept it :-P

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love the stamped mani! The colors look great together and I like how you off stamped them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Replies
    1. thank you! it had such a great turn out, i might have to do it again!

      Delete
  19. Just discovered your blog & I love it! I also love revlon's royal, it's such a great blue! I recently ordered my very first nail stamping plates and will have to keep this in mind; the blue looks great over white! I hadn't seen Hard Candy nail polish before but I'll have to try it because it looks great & $4 at Walmart is a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww your so nice :) i know!! its an amazing blue. congrats on the plates! stamping is so fun.ooh ill have to try something with that! i actually have a plan that u could do that soon. definitely look for it at walmart!

      Delete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...