Thursday, January 12, 2012

Who Could Ever Learn to Love a Beast?

Hey guys!  I had another Harmon run a few weeks ago and picked up LASplash in Masquerade.  It is packed with silver glitter in two different sizes in a pink base.  I was so exited to try this color right when I picked it up, but then I really started to remind me of Beauty and the Beast. The pink is the exact color of the rose that the Beast receives from the beggar woman in the beginning the movie.  And since the rose is enchanted, it sparkles just like this polish.

Well, TOMORROW Beauty and the Beast comes back to theaters for a limited time in 3D and Sara and I have been planning on seeing it for months.  My boyfriend, Ben, was also nice enough to come along too.  So I knew that I wanted to save this polish to wear to the movie.  Here is my Beauty and the Beast inspired mani for the movie this weekend!

I started with two coats LASplash in Masquerade.


It was a little hard to capture the color, but it really does resemble the rose in the movie with the glitter around it.  It was a little annoying to apply.  The chunky glitter built up in the brush making it think an a little hard to get it to cover my nail without getting too much on my skin.

For my accent nail I used two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Bubblegum Pink.
And OMIGOSH I loveeeee this polish!  The color is a nice medium to light pink with the teeniest bit of shimmer.  It applied like a DREAM. It went on so smooth.  It started a little streaky but blended on its own.  I would have been safe with one coat easily, but I used two for good measure.

Then I stamped my accent nail using Salon Express plate SE02.  It seemed a little plain so I added Milani in Diamond Dazzle over it.

Don't mind my awkward right hand photos, it actually came out better on my right hand than my left (which is always a shocker) so I'm letting my right hand get some blog space.







Here's what I used:

As always, finished off with Sally Hansen Miracle Cure for Severe Problem Nails.

What do you guys think of my Beauty and the Beast inspired mani?  Are any of you guys planning on seeing it in 3D?




16 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!!! I love the stamp! I wish I could see it, it was one of my favorites as a kid. (I'm old lol, I saw it in the theaters when it first came out!) I still watch it on DVD though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @polish - thank you! :) awww why can't you see it? you totally should! I love it too, Haha I think i saw it in theaters too, but I was like 2 years old lol. well that's better than me, I still watch it on my original VHS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beauty and the beast is literally my favorite movie of all time, love this color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! I love Beauty and the Beast, its one of the first movies I remember seeing in a theater when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THISSS. The glitter is awesome and the accent nail with the rose is awesome! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Morgan - its such a great movie!! thank you :)

    @Frosso - thank you :) me too!!

    @Courtney - aww thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super pretty! I love Beauty and the Beast :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately my closest 3D theater is about 1 1/2 hours away! :( I really love that glitter, though!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Scars - oh no that's so sad :( awww thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey new best friend! lol Where in NY are you from? I love this design. So cute, perfect for the movie. I love the LA Splash color. Paws Up little Monster :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @I Bleed Polish - hey!! :-P im from scarsdale. thank you! :) glad you like it. paws up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! The last time I've seen the movie is years ago! I don't even remember anything from it... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! on no! you need to see it! its a great movie

      Delete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...