Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy STATE Paddy's Day!

You read it right, STATE Paddy's!  Here is a story: so one year, St. Patrick's Day fell during Penn State's spring break, and all the college kiddies were sad they couldn't party.  It was then declared that there would be a new day to wear green and get drunk while school was in session, and that day was to be called State Paddy's Day.  Well this year, that day is this Saturday, and tomorrow at 6 am I will start the journey from New York to State College, PA.  And such an occasion needed some awesome nails.

When I first got Essie As Gold As It Gets, I tried it over Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Emerald City and Nails Like Lace said it would make a perfect St. Paddy's look.  So here it is again, with a Penn State flair.



I tried to show the amazingness that in Essie As Gold As It Gets.  For my ring finger I used Revlon in Jaded and added a pot of gold! 'Cuz every leprechaun needs a pot of gold.



On my thumb I did the Penn State Nittany Lion paw print in Revlon's Royal. AKA the best blue ever!

Here is what I used:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Emerald City
Essie Luxeffects in As Gold As It Gets
Revlon in Jaded
Love My Nails in White
Revlon in Royal
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blank Out
Rhinestone color wheel

Base coat: Nailtiques Formula 2
Top Coat: Seche Vite

What do you think of my State Paddy's Day mani?


Claws up!

28 comments:

  1. I like it! The green with gold flakes looks very good!! And I like the cute paw prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously adorable! My wedding anniversary is on St. Patrick's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh that's so cute! Was it green? :)

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! But it sort of reminds me of a dogs paw and the doggys house.

    -Anna
    Please check out and follow my blog as well!
    http://www.goingtotheshowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. such cute nails, you're amazing! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a creative and fun mani! I love the pot of gold and the paw~ they are adorable. Have fun on Saturday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your thumb! It's Blue's Clues!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How freakin cute!! ^.^ I love that blue more and more every time you show it!! =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! haha I'm a little addicted to that blue aren't i? :-P

      Delete
    2. haha it's a great blue to be addicted to... teehee that rhymes! And I love the pot of gold. Wish I had one.

      Delete
    3. haha yay!! thank you! i wish mine was real :-P

      Delete
  12. cute theme & interesting back story. hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the gemstones look so shiny and cute, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...