Enough of the sappy stuff, on to some questions/awards/tags!
First up, in honor of Valentine's Day quickly approaching, the I love Your Blog award!
How sweet is this? I was given this award by Amber, Jonochi, and Meredith. You guys are so nice! You all have sah-weet blogs, and I really enjoy seeing what you guys create! I love your blogs too!!
***UPDATE*** I just received this from Color Splash Nails too. Thank you!!
***UPDATE*** Super Awesome GaGa For Nails gave this to me too.
1. What is your favorite fashion magazine?
I actually don't read any fashion magazines. The only magazines I buy are ones with Lady Gaga on the cover (no really) for my collection. I usually just read the article about her and then add it to the stack. But hey, isn't that what blogs are for?
2. Who is your favorite singer/band?
Lady Gaga, what a shocker, right?
3. Who is your favorite YouTube guru?
I don't have a specific person really. When I am in the mood to check out awesome nail videos, I just start searching and clocking around and see what I find.
4. What is your favorite makeup product?
Oh gosh. Ummm... does chapstick count? Because I am addicted! I really love all makeup. My favorite brand is Urban Decay. I love all of their eyeshadows and eyeliners. I like Covergirl Powders and Maybelline blush. I am currently obsessed with the Baby Lips line.
5. Where would you like to live?
I would love to stay in New York right near the city! It is so close to the best city in the world, but also but right IN the city which is nice. If I had to pick somewhere else, probably California, near San Francisco. Maybe the desert (I hate rain).
6. What is your favorite film?
I don't think I can pick a favorite. I am obsessed with Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal Rising. I know EVERY word in the movie Dumb and Dumber. And I couldn't talking about my favorite movies if I didn't mention Disney's Pocahontas.
7. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Haha...a lot. I never counted. Maybe around 40? Plus or minus some.
8. What is your favorite color?
Hot pink. Its so fun and bright and girly! And it looks awesome with animal prints, another favorite of mine.
Next, the Nail Polish Tag
I am most proud of this one. It feels great to be accepted into the nail polish community! Love you guys! I received this one from Meredith, and I Bleed Polish. Thank you both! You guys rock my mis-matching socks!
***UPDATE*** GaGa For Nails gave this to be too, she is so awesome!
1. How many nail polishes do you have?
Around 50. Not including nail strips and top coats. I know it is nowhere near as many as the more seasoned bloggers.
2. What is your favorite brand of nail polish?
I have the most of Sally Hansen, because there are a lot of awesome colors and it is fairly cheap. Other brands are way nicer, but the price turns me off. Polish addiction doesn't have to be (too) expensive!)
3. Do you like crackle polish or do you hate it?
I don't care what the majority of bloggers say, I love it! I have had it since the first one came out, and I still think its awesome!
4. What was your first nail polish brand?
Oh wow, ummm I definitely don't remember. I was like 10 years old probably haha.
5. If you are going to have a nail polish line, what are you going to name it?
I guess Claws Up. I'm not very creative lol. But the crackle polishes in my line would be called Crackle-Lacque'n.
6. What nail polish colors do not compliment you?
7. What nail polish colors do compliment you?
Anything dark. Black, blue, and purples. I think dark colors look best on short nails, and pale skin.
8. Name two of your best nail art friends.
I could never name just two! But stay tuned for the ultimate tagging I'm going to do! You all rock!
9. What was the best nail polish gift that you ever received?
I think Essie Shine of the Times, from my bestest friend, Sara <3
10. Make a speech thanking the blogger who gave you this tag.
Thank you both! You guys are so sweet. I am honored to get this tag from two amazing nail bloggers!
***UPDATE*** And thank you GaGa For Nails! You understand my other obsession too.
11. What is your second favorite nail polish company?
12. Glitter or no Glitter?
Glitter, glitter, GLITTER!! Did I mention I like glitter?
13. OPI, China Glaze, or Essie?
14. When do you change your nail polish?
Usually about once a week. Sometimes twice if I'm feeling crazy! I'm sure all you guys are cringing right now, lol.
15. What's your favorite color on your nails?
I know its boring, but every time I paint my nails black, I always think how much I love it.
16. Darks or Brights?
Those are my two favorites! I couldn't pick.
17. What are you wearing on your nails right this moment?
18. Matte Nails--In or Out?
So in! Especially the matte/shiny combo.
19. French Manicure?
Elegant and pretty.
20. Favorite Winter Color?
Anything dark blue with glitter
I'm sure you are all bored of reading about me right now, just one more! 11 Questions.
***UPDATE*** GaGa For Nails tagged me too! She's the sweetest!
First, 11 facts about myself:
1. I have mentioned before that I am a strict vegetarian. But what I didn't add is that it is the best decision I have ever made and its the thing that I am the most proud of myself for doing.
2. I have lots of other beauty interests including hair, makeup, clothes, and jewelry.
3. I volunteer at the SPCA training dogs, and one day I want to be an animal behaviorist.
4. My brother gave me a stuffed animal when I was born. It had been his for 9 years, and when I was born he was just going off to college and didn't want to bring it with him, so he gave it to me. This thing is 31 years old, but still my most special thing.
5. From when I was 2 until I was 18, I went to Disney World with my dad every other year. And a few time in our off-years, we would go to Disney Land. My goal is to go to every Disney park around the world.
6. I swam in the Arctic Ocean. Brrr!
7. I am a biology nerd. I love cell bio, and evolution. I have a DNA model and a Darwin stuffed toy. One day I want to have a beagle named Darwin, because his ship that he sailed to the Galapagos islands on was the HMS Beagle.
8. I am obsessed with old TV shows. My absolute favorite is I Love Lucy. I have all the episodes on VHS and DVD, as well as all the Mattel Lucy dolls.
9. My dad is a dentist and I think its really cool. I loved working for him and going to the dental conventions and getting free dental stuff. I also have a model of teeth, and a dental anatomy poster. Gosh, I'm weird.
10. My lucky number is 14.
11. I wear my Pandora bracelet everyday. It has charms on it given to me by different people in my family with different meanings. My favorite is the little clown charm engraved with "Bozo" the nickname my brother calls me. I also have a graduation cap, a jack-o-lantern, a cat, and the evil eye (plus a few others) which all have special meanings.
1.If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Tofu, preferably with a peanut sauce. Mmm!
2. If you could only use one polish (multiple bottles of it, though, of course) for the rest of eternity, which lucky gem would you choose?
Sally Hansen Black Out
3. Favorite polish finish (pearl, glitter, duo-chrome, matte, etc.)?
Glitter! Also I have a soft spot for matte flakies.
4. Nail care: Honestly, when taking down nail length, do you go through the long process of solely filing, or do you sometimes first sneak those clippers out if you are taking down a lot of length (the nail gods won't strike you down if you admit it, although some bloggers might)?
I use clippers when I get major breakage. I clip off most of the length, and finish off with the file.
5. Nail envy: What nail shape do you wish you could pull off but either don't feel you have the guts to attempt it, or know it would, sadly, would never look good on you in a million years?
Pointy, haha! No, really.
6. Stash: Just to clarify, is there really such thing as 'too much' or 'plenty of polish'? Didn't think so... So... Double digits or triple?
I always feel like there is such thing as too much. Oh I have a color pretty similar to that, I don't need another. But then as I'm doing my nails I realize I DO need it! *sigh* I have around 50 bottles, not including nail strips and top coats.
7. When discussing it with someone outside of the polish community, do you announce said number pridefully or does it embarrass you to say that you actually own that much polish?
I don't talk to too many people outside the community about it except for my boyfriend and my best friend. My boyfriend is well...a boy. He thinks 5 bottles is too many. And my best friend shares my love for polish and always gets me bottles and gift cards. She is an enabler!
8. Polish envy: What is your all-time numero uno desire that, despite your love for it, is either way too expensive to purchase, or is ancient and no longer sold?
Lippman Edge of Glory. $45. Wow.
9. Nail "piercings": Spectacular or horrific?
I first saw these like 10 years ago and loved them instantly! I with my nails were long enough to rock them. I don't want to cause anymore torture to my sad little nails than they already go through.
10. Is there one certain nail look/technique that you absolutely adore creating or seeing (sponging, ruffians, stamping, etc.)?
There are so many! I can't just pick one. I love seeing what all you bloggers come up with.
11. What/Who inspired your polish obsession?
I guess my mom at first, she has been getting her nails done since I can remember and I would sit with her and looks at all the nail colors and art swatches in the salon. I used to arrange the colors on the shelves and all the nail people would laugh at me.
I Bleed Polish's Questions:
1. If you can go on a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. What is your #1 favorite nail polish brand & you HAVE to pick one! :)
Meanie! I guessssss Sally Hansen
4. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
I am a true and proud little monster. I wanted a Lady Gaga themed blog name. She always says "Paws Up" So I named my blog Claws up, since I paint my claws!
5. What are your top 3 favorite nail polish colors?
Black, Purple, Blue
6. What is your favorite food that you can eat everyday?
7. What is your favorite Disney movie?
Pocahontas! If I had to pick one.
8. If you were stuck on a deserted island what 3 things would you need besides necessities like food & water?
A device with internet connection, chapstick, my cat
9. Do you prefer writing in script or print?
Print! Script is so pointless, I can't even do it.
10. If you can meet a celebrity who is dead who would it be?
11. If you were able to star in a cartoon one day which cartoon would you pick to be in?
Oh gosh, I barely watch cartoons anymore. I guess Family Guy.
I can't find Meredith's questions :(
GaGa For Nails' questions:
1. What's your preferred nail shape (square, oval, squoval, pointed, etc.)?
2. How many nail polishes do you have?
3. Do you remember the first blog you ever looked at? If so, whose was it?
Polished Claws Up actually! I was trying to see if I Googled my blog name if it would come up, but hers came up instead. And it was magic ever since!
4. What's your favorite polish technique (stamping, sponging, water marbling, etc.)?
I really like combining two or more. Like stamping over sponging.
5. What's one technique you're dying to try but haven't yet?
Matte and shiny together.
6. Do you have any other passions that aren't nail related?
Animals. I love to learn about them, care for them, and I try to give money to animal charities.
7. Twilight or Harry Potter?
Clearly Harry Potter (though just going by the movies, I haven't read either).
8. Is there a particular color you really like to wear, clothing wise?
I tend to wear a lot of purple. I know this because I match my eyeshadow to my outfit, and I am almost out of purple!
9. Do you show your toesies as much attention as your fingers?
LOL no way! I HATE toe nails. They creep me out. I clip mine almost every day to keep them as short as possible. I usually use them to test colors and don't even bother to take off the polish. I just wait until it all chips off on its own. I will do them nice if I am going to a special occasion and I am wearing shoes that will show them. And I'll try to keep them presentable in the summer.
10. What's your favorite place that you've visited thus far?
SO hard to pick! Either Antarctica, the Galapagos Islands, Greece, or San Francisco. Wow I didn't really pick anything, did I?
11. What's your biggest nail related pet peeve?
Hmm I don't really have one. Probably because I break all the nail rules, haha!
Ok, here are mine!
1. If you could be any animal, which one would you be?
2. If you could learn another language, which one would you learn?
3. What is your favorite pattern?
4. Curly or straight hair?
5. Besides blogging, what other hobbies do you enjoy?
6. Describe your favorite article of clothing.
7. What is your favorite smell?
8. Describe your favorite color, but don't use the name of the color in your description. Let's see if we can guess the color you're thinking of!
9. What is your favorite number?
10. What is your favorite flower?
11. What was your favorite subject in school?
I tried to ask unique questions, hopefully you guys haven't answered these before! I am super excited to see everyone's answers to my questions.
Ok, for the tagging portion. I might be crazy, but I am going to tag all the lovely people that follow my blog. You guys have really made my blogging experience truly amazing. All your comments and suggestions are so sweet, and you guys have been so loyal. So...here I go:
So there you go! All of you guys get all three awards/tags! I know a bunch of you have gotten one or all of these awards, so I'm sorry about that, but here is another! I can't wait to see your responses to all the questions. I hope you guys enjoyed reading.