Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Meet My Best Friend

Hey all!

Well, today was my first day of work, part 2.  Over the holidays, I worked at a doggy day care as a play time associate.  Basically I played with puppies and kitties...and got paid for it.  Honestly, what's better then that?  However, once the holiday season ended, they were less busy, and they didn't need so many people.  But I really missed it there, and even though I haven't worked there in over a month, I still said that was a my job.

BUT THEN...I was contacted by them to train to work the front desk!  It definitely aint no play time, but I was super excited to be able to go back.  Why am I telling you guys all this now? Because today was my first day training.  I don't like working the front desk as much as I liked doing the play times.  I have NO experience in customer service, so I'm nervous about answering phones the right way, checking people in, and most of all...making change in with a cash register.  I am sure you all are laughing at me at this point, but I have never really had to make change quickly, and math stresses me out already.

I didn't have time yesterday to do my nails since I was home late and I had to go to bed early since I woke up at 5:45 am today, bleh.  But I wanted to do nails in honor of being back at work.  I went through my folder of nail inspirations and found this awesome paw print tutorial by Procrastination Polish!  So here are my paw print nails in honor of the lovely puppies I get to work with.  Luckily, I have work again tomorrow morning, and my manager will be in.  Hopefully she sees the effort I put into my work themed nails and I get some bonus points.





Then I thought, paw print nails needed an appropriate model, so I called over my best friend...
As you can see Muffin isn't happy with me, haha.  She hates getting her picture taken, as well as the smell of freshly done nails.  But I tried to give her pets.  Don't worry, when my nails stop stinking she will go back to loving me again.

Here is what I used:
Sky by Hard Candy
Black Out by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear
Also, that is a paint-your-own cat I did when I was about 10.  Its supposed to be Muffin. Can you tell? No? I figured. 

Just for a bonus, here's Muffin playing in her bed made of Valentine's Day gift tissue paper:
Awwww! <3

Claws (and paws) up!



30 comments:

  1. Awwww cute mani, I'm sure your customers will appreciate it! If you are nervous about making change, and the register doesnt do the math for you then keep a pocket sized calculator next to your cash drawer. No one will care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! I hope so, maybe ill get some tips :-P

      Delete
  2. Getting paid to play with animals! Give me a job like that! :P I hope working at the front desk isn't too bad ;p
    The nails look really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha right!? i know! i hope i dont start to become bitter and hate it :-P thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Super adorable mani! And congrats on the job~i hope it gets easier...math hurts my brain, too! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! :) glad im not alone!!

      Delete
    2. Definitely not! lol Btw—I just gave you the One Lovely Blog Award and the Butterfly Award! Enjoy! =)

      Delete
    3. haha yay!! thank you! ill post these soon!

      Delete
  4. I get so nervous about making change too! You'll get used to answering the phones after a while since I do it at Triboro. I used to get so nervous too. Now I just get really annoyed when people are mean for no reason, haha!

    Such a cute design!! Love it! But I am offended. I thought I was your bestie! lol
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! im so bad at math, and now ill have to do math fast and in front of other people, i don't want them mad at me that i take too long, and im scared to mess up. i'm sure once im there for a while i;ll get used to it. i need to memorize all the prices and services we do.

      thank you!! haha, your are my best human friend, and muffin is my best animal friend :-P

      Delete
    2. dont sweat it. i think they would rather you take long than get their money wrong. :) good luck and itll be ok

      Delete
  5. you did a great job! i love them, good luck on starting your new job i hope they send you back to playing with the doggies and kitties! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. very sweetttt :) your nails look very pretty..

    i love your blog! i following you ;)
    www.nzlsyn.blogspot.com i wait you :) kisses from turkey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your friend and your nails look very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the job. love the mani

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice :)

    I invite you to
    http://fashion-whoknow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your nails and your cat is just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha "It's MY tissue paper.... Go away!" =P Very cute!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Teeheeheee this is so cute! My dog Chloe also hates nail polish smell. She barks at my hands/feet whenever I do my nails around her! silly critters. Good luck with your new job, I'm jealous, I want to work with aminals!!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...