Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Need A Valentine? Try Speed Dating!

Just kidding! Well, I guess you could try speed dating.  But I am talking about Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail strips.  I know this is a touchy topic, like crackle polish, but I am in the blogging minority and not afraid to admit that I love these!  My mom found these for me last spring and I was hooked ever since.  Today I will be showing you one of the Valentine's Day patterns, Speed Dating.

I have already reviewed this product, and you can read about it HERE.  But to sum up, they are nail strips made of real nail polish.  Just peal them off the back and stick them to your nails, file off the excess and that's it!  Its super simple and you get great nail that that is easy with out hours of work or drying time.  They are great if you want a stunning nail look on the go.

A tip for my fellow nibbed nailers - these things are long!  I like to cut each strip in half, and that is way more than enough for each nail.  Also, each box comes with 2 packs, one for each hand.  But since I cut mine in half, that leaves me with enough for four hands.  And since I only have two, I can save the other pack for an awesome mani part 2.

Well...usually...



I was shocked when I opened this box and there was only ONE pack!!  Most people would have been so mad, since if you have longer nails, that is only enough for one hand.  Luckily, since I can use just one pack for a full mani it wasn't the biggest deal.  I'm sure I could return them to Walgreen's, and get a completed pack, but I really didn't have the need for 3 weeks of Valentine's day manicures.  It was a slight bummer, but I took a deep breath and moved on.  

On the bright side, since each mani lasts me a week, and I thought I was going to have two packs, that would mean the same look for all 14 days until Valentine's day.  But now I can sport a second look, and I am quite excited about that.  I hope you are too.

Sorry for all the rambling, on to the manicure!






As you can see, Speed Dating is a metallic silver with cute, different sized red hearts.  A perfect look for Valentine's, and I will be sporting this mani for the first week of February. 

Here is what I used:
Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Speed Dating.

No base coat, you can't use one with these nail strips, or else they wont stick.  Seche Vite top coat.

What do you think of my first Valentine's Day look?  And of Salon Effects nail strips?

Stay tuned for next weeks Valentine's mani coming...next week!

23 comments:

  1. I like them, they're just a little disappointing that they're so simple. For $9 (ish) I want more detail that I can't handpaint! =P I do love the Salon Effects, though! They are great for giving your nails a bit of a rest! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree that these are the simplest patterns in the Valentine's Day line. But they were the only ones left in the store so I snatched them up! I agree they are on the expensive side, but its about the price of a professional manicure, and (usually) i can get two manis out of one box. Sadly this one was fail haha. I love them too, i totally agree! and mt hands really needed it. just look at those sad nubs!

      Delete
  2. These are cute! I like them, but I agree with Scars Like Lace that they do seem a bit simple. Although I like that the base is a metallic silver. If you get bored with them during the week, you could add some red gems to your ring fingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the exact same thing about adding red gems to my ring fingers! best friend telepathy!

      Delete
  3. This is a very cute design! Totally like it! I may have to check it out..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I ♥ Your Blog! Please accept this fabulous award, even you've already received it elsewhere!!!!

      Delete
    2. thank you! wow you are too sweet! i will post it soon, thank you!

      Delete
  4. i love it! I follow your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great, I really like the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow I seriously want to try one of these out! We can't get them in the UK though :( Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love these! oh no :( maybe try looking online? I think amzon has them. good luck searching!

      Delete
  7. Those look so good!!! I love the Sally Hansen strips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...