Thursday, February 9, 2012

With All My Heart & Soul

Hey everyone!

I am going to Pennsylvania today to visit my boyfriend for Valentine's weekend, so of course this weekend's nails had to be Valentine's day themed.  At my very first trip to Sally's two weeks ago I picked up some nifty nail art supplies, including some stickers called Heart & Soul which looked perfect for a Valentine's mani.

Just a word on Sally's, their nail polish selection was quite sad.  While they carried some top of the line brands, and many colors in each brand, they only had like three brands.  No Sally Hansen or Revlon, which are my two favorites.  And since the selection was limited, it was hard to find the right colors I was looking for.  My CVS has so many brands, as well as different lines and loads of selections.  However, Sally's was way better in the nail art department.  They had so many different tools and things to apply to nails for an awesome look, while CVS just has a few press on nails and nail strips.

Anyway enough talky, and more looky!

I started with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Cinna-Snap (sorry for the mess, I didn't clean up until the end).


Cinna-Snap is a dark, almost blood red.  I really hate red on me, so it was a challenge to find one that I liked. At first it was so strange to have red on my nails. But the more I look at it the more it grows on me.  It is actually pretty!  However I did not like the application.  The formula is super thick, and the brush is wide and flat, so it it really hard to control (as you can see the mess I made on my poor cuticles).

I followed with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Red Carpet.
I love the little hint of sparkle it adds.  I feel like I am wearing rubies on my fingers!  But that would be quite expensive.

Finally, for a more Valentine's day look, I added the nail stickers from Sally's, Heart and Soul.

It is a sheet full of different heart shaped stickers.  There are a lot of sizes and shapes.  Each sticker is outlined in gold, and the middle is a translucent white with some gold shimmer, so you can still see some of the nail polish through the sticker.  I think they looks really pretty! I love how the red and gold looks together.







Sorry for all those pictures, I just can't stop looking at my nails, so I wanted you guys to experience what I am :-P

Base coat - Nailtiques Formula 2, Top coat - Seche Vite.

Here is what I used:


What do you think of this Valentine's mani? And the Heart & Soul nail stickers?

25 comments:

  1. Wow, these are really pretty! And have fun in PA with Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!! I hope my Sally's has those heart stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! Especially the heart key and lock! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fist time I ever went to a Sally's I was totally confused and disappointed too. I was thinking "where's the Sally Hansen??" I thought the Sally I went to was so lame that they were a Sally's but had no Sally Hansen. I didnt realize til later the two arent related at all. I love Sally's now when I want to get supplies or China Glaze and Orly.
    And I love the red polish and gold stickers, they go very well together! The key and locket are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! i just wish they had more variety in brands and colors. but they have awesome art supplies! thank you! :) i love them too!!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for your kind comment, looks realy cute.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have those stickers too! I think they are SOOO cute! Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous combo, the stickers are super cute :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute nails! :)

    http://sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything about this is cute :P

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...