Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Crackle-Lacque'n: Pink and Silver

See my first Crackle-Lacque'n post here.

Hello all! Time for a quick mani.  It was time to do my nails again, but I know that they will just get ruined at work, so I opted for something quick and easy, so I wouldn't be as disappointed when it started to chip.  I haven't used crackle polish in a while, and with my recent stash organization, I saw all the wonderful bottles that were being neglected and decided to give them some love.

At the Bronx zoo, the girl keepers like to joke around that crackle nail polish was made just for us.  Since our polish barely lasts a day with all the working with our hands, water, bleach, and everything else.  So we like to wear crackle to work so when our polish chips, its harder to notice :-p

I started with Revlon Top Speed in Metallic.  It is an amazing metallic silver,  I fall in love with it every time I put it on.  Here it is for your viewing pleasure.


I decided to do an accent nail on my ring finger.  So I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Bubblegum Pink.  I have talked about this polish before, but it is a perfect pink color!  Not to dark or light or bright, and application is a dream!  It is so smooth and just about a one coater.

Then, I topped Metallic with LASplash Crackle'd in Love'd, a pretty pink crackle polish.  And over Bubblegum pink, a coat of Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Fractured Foil.



On my left hand I reversed the two.  So I used Bubblegum pink, with an accent nail of Metallic, and respecting crackles.



I love how this came out.  It is almost hard to tell which color is the under polish and which is the crackle overcoat unless  you look closely.  Seriously.  Take a few scoots back from your computer and tell me that you can't tell the difference!

Here is what I used:

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Bubblegum Pink
Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Fractured Foil
LASplash Crackle'd in Love'd
Revlon Top Speed in Metallic


Base coat: Nailtiques Formula 2
Top coat: Seche Vite

I know most of you are over crackle, blah blah blah, but what do you think of this mani?  Any intentions of breaking out your crackle polishes again?

Claws up!



11 comments:

  1. I like these colors! They look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like the pink crackle over the silver the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i like these combos i have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I'm loving the combination of silver & pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the pink and silver crackle combo! I have to try it!! Very spring appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like silver and pink together :) Silver polish starts to grow on me, it always looks pretty on anybody (in my opinion) ;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just saying today how much I'm still loving the crackle polish. Love the silver and pink combos! And did I read that right, are you a zoo keeper? SO AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome combination!
    you are seriously rockin' those nails :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love so many things about this! I love that you did an accent nail in the opposite base and crackle colors! I LOVE that Revlon silver!! And that pink (both) is spectacular!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...