Thursday, March 15, 2012

Funky French Inspired by my Bestie!

Hello blogosphere!

Today I was in the mood for something fun, so when I was searching through my collection of inspirations and came across this, I knew I had found a winner.  Sara is my bestest friend (so you should all be checking out her blog).  She loves finding awesome photos online and getting inspired by them.  She found a really cool tape mani, and then tried it out for herself.  Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, here is my interpretation of her interpretation of a funky french tape manicure!


The original picture used neon yellow and black. I totally loved the contrast of the bright yellow and the dark black so I decided to keep the colors. I wanted to add a little more color and fun so I added a rhinestone from a nail gem color wheel in no other color than hot pink, the color that Sara painted her funky french in! See what I did there?

Also I had a terrible split/break.  So photos of my thumb will be scarce until it grows back a little.  Hopefully my very bright and colorful nails will distract from the fact that my thumb nail is nothing but a nub. Ohh look bright colors, don't look at my thumb!




Here is what I used:
Hot Topic Nail Polish in a Neon Yellow (this polish doesn't have a real name)
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out
Rhinestone nail gem color wheel

What do you think of my funky french tape mani? Does it reflect my inspirations?

Claws up! (Don't looks at my thumb!!)



29 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I love the colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Badasssssss. I'm going to have to try something like this soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks!! you should, i'd love it see it

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! I love black and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! now i have the song stuck in my head :-P

      Delete
  4. This is so cool!! Love the contrast of neon & black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love doing this kind of tip on my nails! it looks beautiful on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this~especially with the rhinestone! They add the perfect little bling =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, so glad that you were inspired my by nails!! Love ya, Jax!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Love that neon yellow :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that neon yellow! This looks awesome!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the blog and post! I just followed! I would if you could follow me back and give me some feedback
    thanks so much
    beautyfashionbyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!! and idk y but i'm soooo into neon colors right now lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...