Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Got Slimed!

Hello all! It was time to do my nail so this week I went to my handy dandy list of nail inspirations and found these holo drip nails by Color Splash Nails.  So I whipped out my holo and gave it a go!

I started with Sinful Colors in Unicorn.  Well actually I started with Love My Nails in White as the "underwear."

Yes this video is necessary.

Unfortunately my underwear needs underwear.  Love My Nails in White is so shear, when I wear it by myself I need 3 coats.  Here is 2 coats of Unicorn over 2 coats of White.


Then I dripped Milani in Hi-Tech on top.  To see Hi-Tech on its own click here.  Hi-Tech is a GORGEOUS green holo with yellows and golds.


I finally got a hold of Essie Matte About You last month, but have yet to mattify anything so I decided to try it out.  But I didn't like how the holo looked with matte over it.  It really lost the beauty the comes with a holo and became one dimensional. It also took away the wet drippy paint look that a holo DRIP mani should have.  Bleh.  I might try this mani again without the matte.  On the bright side I love how Unicorn looks matte.  Note to self: try some manis with matte Unicorn.




All matted up, the green reminds me of the slime on Nickelodeon that they would dump on people on almost every show.

Let's play "caption this photo" :-P



Here's what I used:


Sinful Colors in Unicorn
Milani in Hi-Tech

What do you think of my holo drip mani?  Should I file this under Nail Fail?

Claws up!




P.s. Remember, if you want to have a guest post on my blog to check out the Be Our Guest tab!!

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the linky! I think you did a great holo drip~definitely not a fail. I'm really loving the holo effect right now and that Milani holo is pure gorgeousness! WOW!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course!! aww thank you! Milani makes amazing holos!

      Delete
  2. Interesting! I like the "slime" look! But I agree that it doesn't look as good with the matte.
    ~Sara
    sarastrauss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree! i'll have to try again in non matte

      Delete
  3. Unicorn seems like such a nice yellow! And matte it does look like Nickelodeon slime ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't like yellows but i love this one!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. aww thank you! that's so sweet :) and i entered your give away!

      Delete
  5. Awesome! It totally reminds me of Nickelodeon's slime - in a good way! Your drips came out great! My caption: "If we put our heads together and open our mouths as wide as possible maybe the slime won't reach us!"..... okay, so that's not the best caption in the world, but I love that they both have the same shaped mouths... honestly I find it a little creepy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. just nominated you for some awards even though I think you may have some of them already... but hey, the more the merrier?

      Check my post here!

      Delete
  6. I really like the two colors you used together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I tagged you for an award. The post will be up tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Nail!

    -Charlotte
    http://incharlottesshoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...