Thursday, March 8, 2012

Newd

Happy Thursday!

Today I have some new things to show you.  On a (not so) recent Sally's trip, I picked up my first ever China Glaze, Sunset Sail.  I was on a mission for a nice, basic nude color and picked this one up.  In the bottle, I wasn't too enamored.  The color was a little off of what I was looking for, but it was the only nude I had seen in a while so I picked it up.  Well I put it on and I fell madly in love!


Sadly, application was terrible.  It was drippy and streaky and super thin, so here is 3 coats.  However the color is simple amazing. I little on the pinker side, which contrasts my olive skin. It also has teeny tiny glass-like shimmers that seriously is making me drool...

...Sorry about that, i had to clean the drool off my hands.



It is hard to capture the shimmer in photos, so here is a bottle shot:


Gorgeous.

As much as I could have worn this by itself, I wanted to try more of the amazing polishes that Maria sent me!  I decided to try a tape mani using Kleancolor's Holo Chrome.


Holo chrome is am amazing purple holo that looks absolutely stunning in the sun!



I love the purple chrome/nude color combination, but I definitely need more practice with my tape wedges. Any advice?

Here is what I used:
  Kleancolor - Holo Chrome
China Glaze - Sunset Sail

Base coat - Nailtiques Formula 2
Top coat - Seche Vite

What do you think of these colors?

Claws up!




22 comments:

  1. I like that color combo! I also love a good nude polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, CUTE! I love the Chrome Holo~I have it but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! ohh you definitely need to try it! i can't wit to see when you do

      Delete
  3. hey doll! i saw you over on a friends page and wanted to say i love your blog!
    and those nails, um hello TALENT! wish i could do that, sadly i struggle painting my nails the regular way, haha!

    anyway! am now your newest follower!
    would be delighted if you could follow back ?

    hugs, xo!
    ** BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM **

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanx! your are too kind :) thanx for following!

      Delete
  4. I love your blog! I followed! I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow me? Thanks so much! http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these look great. Gaga and nails - a girl after my own heart. I love your nail art too. Would really like it if you could take a look at my nail blog and latest nail art posts. I have followed you and can't wait for your next post!

    www.wonderlustnails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! haha i'm glad you understand <3 thats so sweet!

      Delete
  6. Love the tape mani, awesome color combo! I haven't tried a wedge tape mani yet, looks fun! Also, thanks to you I just ordered some awesome polishes from Maria myself! Yay! Can't wait to get them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!!! I really need to practice it haha. oh really?! i'm sure she's happy about that! you'll enjoy them :)

      Delete
  7. That CG is gorgeous & the blue really compliments it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That nude looks great with your skin, and the purple is just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like both of these colors, they do look great together! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. your nails look amazing!
    the colours really complement each other :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That nude looks really good on you! And I love the whole colour on nudes going on. I keep wanting to try it... but the I just don't. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! haha i have soooo many things i want to try and then don't :-P

      Delete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...