Sunday, April 8, 2012

Franken-Stein's Monster

Hello hello!

For today, I am sharing something extra special.  Ever since I started blogging, I wanted to try making a franken.  The other day I decided to give it a go!  I started with an old, half empty bottle of Sally Hansen clear top coat with nail hardeners in it.  I thought it would be neat to have my own polish be a nail strengthening polish!  Then I added some eye shadow to get the color.  And topped it off with two different kids of glitter.  Since it is my first franken, its green, and I'm a little monster, I named it Franken-Stein's Monster.  Hope you guys like it!



The glitter was a little hard to manage like some glitters are, and the formula was a little goopy becasue I started with an old bottle of top coat.  But I added a lot of pigment, so what you see here is ONE coat! Yum!

Also, I had two MAJOR nail breakages this week, bleh.  So please excuse my nubs and my hiding pinky.




Here's what I used:

My own franken! LittleMonsterx14's Franken-Stein's Monster

Base coat - Nailtiques Formula 2
Top coat - Seche Vite

What do you think of my first attempt at a franken?  I'm thinking about giving it away!  I'm going to add a poll in the top right of my page, so you guys an anonymously let me know if you would be interested in owning Franken-Stein's Monster!

Claws up!

P.S. Claws up is officially on Facebook! Check it out, like, and share it! :) http://www.facebook.com/ClawsUp

16 comments:

  1. That's really cool! Love all the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! And the name is perfect. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color looks amazing & I love the glitter! Awesome job! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow can't believe you made your own nail polish! this actually looks so cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love this colour so much! :) So glad I came across your blog, can't wait to read more posts :) x

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love your blog and your personality! It's awesome :D This is a great post. I think it turned out absolutely lovely. I think I might do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! This is so cool! Love that its a one coater....great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow looks really awesome :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is pretty! It has almost a khaki look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This totally screams Frankenstein, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovley colour, and perfect name :P My first franken was a hot mess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesoooome! I love the polish and its name! I would totally love to own this!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...