Thursday, April 5, 2012

Girly Clouds

Hello blogosphere!

Time for another manicure today.  The cloud look was gaining popularity, and I always meant to try it out, but never got around to it, so I thought it was time.  I decided on a nude base, with purple clouds with a pink lining.



I thought they turned out looking super girly! Not like there is anything wrong with that.  However, they weren't as fluffy and round and I wanted them to be.  It might have been the shape of the brush.  I think next time ill start with a dotting tool for more round clouds.


I also love the painting the underside of your nails look.  But my nails chip a lot so they are usually pretty short. Bleh.  However, they were finally long enough, so I thought I'd give that a try too.  i used the same pink that I did for the clouds.


I love this look!  Sadly my ring finger suffered some major rippage.  I have been been putting tea bags on it, but ill have to cut it down soon. I guess it will be a while before I can do this again. Oh well.

Here is what I used:


Color Club - Pink Rush
China Glaze - Sunset Sail
Milani - Purple Passion

Base coat - Nailtiques Formula 2
Top coat - Seche Vite

Do you guys like the cloud and painting the underside of your nails looks? Will you be trying them out? I'd love to see!

Claws up!





8 comments:

  1. LOVE the clouds!! Yours look fab. I've never painted the underside of my nails before~it looks really cool. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried nail polish under my nails. It's so sexy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay clouds, they so pretty! Love the colors! I've been meaning to try painting the undersides of my nails but I feel like I'd make a huge mess! Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting look! It's very art deco-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, doing nail art on the underneath side of your nail looks really neat! I've been keeping mine super short lately, but I'm thinking about putting down the file so I can try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing nails!
    they look great :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...