Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Guest Post: Build Castles in Air Constellation Nails

So my laptop is still broken and I'm patiently waiting for it to come back to me!  So for today I have a guest post written by my very best friend for 14 years, Sara!

Hi, Claws Up readers! I'm Sara from the blog Build Castles in Air!

Firstly, I want to thank Jackie, my best friend, for letting me guest post on her wonderful blog! Thanks!
Now onto the nails: I knew I had to do a constellation tutorial on Jackie's blog because she loves them, especially Scorpio, which is her horoscope. Sadly, Scorpio wouldn't fit on my nails, which are pretty small. I chose relatively small constellations to use, but if you have bigger or longer nails, then you could try any you wish.
Tools Needed:
-Dotting tool (or straight sewing pin or anything that you can use as a dotting tool)
-Safety pin or paper clip
-Solid black nail polish
-Glittery polish
-White or cream polish
-Clear top coat
-Optional: Glow in the dark polish


1. Paint your nails with two coats of black polish. Let dry.
Note: Any mistakes you make throughout can always be cleaned up at the end.

2. Paint nails with two coats of the glittery polish to make it stand out. Let dry.

3. While looking at pictures of constellations, use your dotting tool to make the stars on your nails. Let the dots dry.

































4. Using your safety pin, get enough polish on it so that when you press down you can make a line. Start connecting the dots. You'll have to redip your safety pin after every line. When you're done, you can redo any dots that may have gotten messed up. Finally, paint on a top coat and you're done!
If you want to go the extra mile, you can always dip your dotting tool into glow in the dark polish and make your stars glow at night!

Thanks again, Jackie!
Black polish // Jordana's Black
Glitter polish // New York Color's Starry Silver Glitter
Cream polish // Wet n' Wild's Smooch
Top Coat // New York Color's Extra Shiny Top Coat
Glow in the dark polish // Fantasy Maker's Night Glow




~Sara of Build Castles in Air


I love these nails, Sara! I have seen lots of galaxy nails, but never any constellation nails, what a great idea and they looks awesome!  What do you guys think of my best friends nail? I know I'll be trying them myself, what about you guys?

Thank you again, Sara, for you awesome blog post! Love ya!

And don't forget, if you want to guest post on my blog too, just check out the Be Our Guest tab at the top!

Claws up!

7 comments:

  1. Yay, so glad it's up! Thanks, Jackie, for letting me be your first guest blogger! Love you, bestie!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of doing anything like this! Neat! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this theme it's so creative and fun amazing job Sara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post!
    loving the nails :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...