Monday, May 21, 2012

Ciate Caviar Review

Hello!!!!!! I have returned! I apologize for my absence, I was taking some time off from blogging to spend with my brother.  But I will talk more about that in tomorrow's post.  For today I will show you what I wore on my nails this past weekend.

As you guys know, last weekend was Mother's day.  My mom like's so call my cat, Muffin, my baby.  So this year she decided to get me a Mother's day gift from my kitty.  Sometimes my mom is silly.  She got me the Ciate Caviar manicure kit which she picked up at Sephora.  I know there has been controversy with the whole "caviar" thing, but when my mom picked up the kit for me I was really excited to try it out.  Hopefully it will be a useful (and fun) post for you guys to read!

The kit came with a nail polish and the caviar beads in Multi Color.  The polish was a really gorgeous light pink, called  Strawberry Milkshake.  It was really nice to apply and got fully coverage and a smoothed out look in two coats.



The bottles are really cute; rectangular and slightly curved.  And they have really adorable bows on them.  However, on the polish the bow really got in the way and I found myself dinging the wet polish on my nails as I was trying to paint them.  As cute as it looks I might have to rip it off.  


This is one coat of Strawberrey Milkshake, which I took a photo of to show you the polish on its own.  Its a really beautiful light pink, and I will definitely be using it on its own.

After one coat all over, nail by nail you paint on a second coat of the polish, followed by pouring the beads on top and slightly pressing them down to squish them into the polish.  Thankfully, the bow is removable on the beads bottle so that didn't get in the way.  The kit comes with detailed instructions as well as suggested ways to use the caviar beads on your nails.  I loved that it came with other ideas and I will also be trying those out in the future.  It also said to only apply top coat to the edges, but I applied Seche Vite all over to better seal in the beads.






Overall, I love the caviar look! I think its really cool and different.  My nails did feel weird with the beads on them, however.  They were really easy to apply and I love the colors and the polish it came with.  I want to try out different manis with the beads, including other caviar manis, plus using the beads individually as bullion balls. 

What I also loved about this kit is that it came with a little funnel and a tray so after you pour the beads out, you can pick up the tray and use the funnel to get the extras back in the bottle.  I have never used any other brand of the little beads to make this mani so I don't have much to compare, so I was really hoping you guys could let me know what you think of these compared to the others.

What do you think about the Ciate Caviar kit as well as the caviar look in general?  Also, what did you guys think of these photos in today's post? I decided to take them in my bathroom instead of my usually bedroom location. Should I keep taking my photos in the bathroom instead of my bedroom?

Claws up!





11 comments:

  1. cute, the base color is so nice :-D
    awesome ring *.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! my best friend got it for me for my birthday a while back, its betsy johnson!! *swoon*

      Delete
  2. I saw these recently at a Sephora! I think the ones in this set are smaller than the microbeads I bought. This came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the caviar beads!! I like that the beads are all different colors, so then you could wear all sorts of nail polish colors underneath the beads and it would still look good!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your skull ring! and the mani looks so great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so sweet of your mom AND Muffin :) I just realized my cat didn't get me anything for mothers day...what a brat :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just hate the price of these sets! I really love the rainbow look of this one though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I. Freaking. Love. This. I've been wanting to try it forever. It looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous! I love these and would have loved to get the red, white and blue version. Think there is still time???

    www.wonderlustnails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...