Thursday, May 31, 2012

Flower nails for a special occasion

Hey hey hey! I hope you enjoyed my anniversary look book, as promised, here are the nails I sported for the special occasion. I decided to go with some elegant nails to match my dress.  I'm classy like that.

I picked up some dried flowers from Sally's a while back and I have been meaning to try them for ages but I kept putting it off.  So I finally made myself try them and what better day to than a day than my anniversary?  The kit came with different colored little dried flowers and some big, loose glitters.

 I decided to go with dusty rose colored flowers and large hex glitters over China Glaze Sunset Sail, which is an amazing nude polish with glass flecks.






I used a really thick coat of Seche Vite on top but the edges of the hex glitters still poked out a lot.  Overall I liked this look.  I kind of wish I chose more contrasting colors, but it turned out ok in the end anyway.

What do you think of my subtle flower look and dried flower nail art in general?

Claws up!

3 comments:

  1. I this is a good look for an anniversary, especially since you were around Ben's parents, but I definitely would like to see some contrast. Purple flowers on yellow nail polish or something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute! I want to try this :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...