Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mission Impossible

And I got my laptop back! YAY! That means I can actually do some posting.

My nails go through phases, they either are really strong and grow all nice, or they all break every day. This is one of those times.  Here is a mani I did while I was computerless (before the massive breakage of 2012).

da da na na na... that's supposed to be the Mission Impossible theme song.  My boyfriend keeps singing it every time he does...anything at all.

If my subtle hints didn't give it away, I decided to try my first laser mani.  I used blue painter's tape that I attempted to cut into little strips.  Before I attempt another laser mani I need to go back to Kindergarten and re-learn my cutting skills.




Here is what I used:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black out
Rainbow Nerds - Green Apple
Jade - Cosmic Shore

Overall I feel this laser mani was a fail.  Its like I just ran willy nilly through the lasers and set off all the alarms :-P

What do you think of my laser mani?

Claws up!

7 comments:

  1. It's an interesting idea. It reminds me of when we would color paper all kinds of colors and then paint over it in black and then scrape away designs to reveal the colors underneath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the color combo *.*
    you can get striping tape, it makes making manicures like these so much easier :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color combo is great! I am terrible at cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! welcome back to blogging! I just got my camera back nice and fixed today too! :D Ready to roll!

    P.S. I've tried cutting tape for a mani once and never tried again...I'm horrible at tape cutting too apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually like it! Maybe it would be better if the strips were thinner? Also, try a top coat over the glitter before putting the tape down. Maybe there were bumps or ridges in the tape from the glitter polish and that's why the black bled through?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tape cutting is so hard but this looks awesome! I love those Jade glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't see this manicure as a fail. Do you know that there are a lot of people that don't even know you can use tape on your nails?

    I like it! And the combination is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...