Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sally Hansen HD Laser

Hello all!  For today I have a swatch and also some news.

To start off..I GOT MY DRIVER'S LICENSE!! I failed the test twice when I was younger and it was my New Years resolution to get my license before I turned 23 at the end of this year.  I took the test again today and 3rd times a charm!

News part 2.  This weekend my brother is visiting all the way from Texas! I only get to see him about once a year and I really miss him a lot.  We are really close so when he visits I always clear my schedule when he's here so I can get as much time with him as possible.  Sadly, that means a 4 day blogging break :( sorry guys! I won't be posting or reading your blogs until he leaves on Monday night.  But I'll do my bestest to catch up because I hate missing on your lovely blogs!

For my post for today I will be doing a swatch.  I don't swatch a lot because I think they are boring to look at, I'd much rather show you guys some nail art.  But with this polish I really wanted to show you guys how it looks without anything being done to it.  And when I'm back from my mini hiatus this weekend, I will have something super duper awesome to show you to thank you guys for not leaving me! So you better not go anywhere, I promise I'll be back soon!

Enough talk, time for swatching. Today's swatch is Sally Hansen HD in Laser.  When I first saw this line in stores I freaked out! They looked stunning in the bottles. Kinda holo-y, jelly, fleck-y, just pure awesomeness.  I purchased Laser online on Ulta's website.  When it came in I didn't like it in person at first, so it stayed untried for months.  But I got off my butt, and finally decided to swatch it, and I was very happy I did!


As you can see, it looks like Heaven in the bottle.  The effect is less noticeable on my nails, and my camera didn't want to pick it up at all.  I took a million photos to try and capture it the best I could.  Laser is a blue jelly polish with purple flecks that really make an awesome look.  In the right light the colors reflect and its breathtaking...but only in the perfect light.

It took 3 coats for full coverage and took forever to dry.  I am most excited about trying some awesome jelly sandwiches with this baby!



This is the best photo I took that really captures the effect.




Here is what I used:
Sally Hansen HD in Laser

What do you guys think of Laser? Do you have any other of the HD polishes? I'll see you guys in a couple of days, so don't go anywhere!

Claws up!



12 comments:

  1. Oh wow it looks really nice! It reminds me of outer space. I remember looking at it in the store with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty. Have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooh so pretty! I love the duochrome:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really pretty! Have fun with your brother! Mine just moved to Oklahoma from Texas and I miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY AWESOME! Your nails look great girl! Congrats on your license! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had this one for a while and I think it's amaaazing! It looks especially badass over black. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!!! What about follow each other?!Let me know on my blog :):)

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the polish :-D
    congrats on your driver's license... and enjoy great time with your brother, we'll be here, waiting ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This colour is amazing! Congrats on yr license & hope you have some great bonding time with yr bro :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GORGEOUS!! I love it!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi from a random polish addict!

    I have this one and I used it for a glass pendant and it looked amazing. I haven't used it on my nails yet. It's really one of those "must see in person" polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one of my favourite polishes. Try it over black!

    What topcoat do you use? That might be at the root of your dry-time problems.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...