Monday, June 4, 2012

As a Matte-r of fact, I love zebras!

Hey everyone!  I hope you guys are enjoying my Photo-a-Day photos!  Today's will be up later tonight.  For now I have a mani to show you!  I have loved the matte/shiny look ever since matte top coats came out.  I have been meaning to try a manicure with shiny over matte and I finally got around to it!  I decided for the classic matte black, with shiny black on top. I love how simple and elegant, but totally awesome that look is!

I started with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out, and topped it with Essie Matte About You.  Then I stamped over it using Black Out, and no top coat.


It was kind of hard to capture this mani since it is so subtle.  I used Black Out to stamp on top, but next time I think i'll try using a shiny top coat so its easier to see the contrast.  What do you guys think?  Have you ever stamped with a top coat? Does it even work, and which top coat would you recommend? 

I still love the look, I will definitely try it again.




Here's what I used:
Essie - Matte About You
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black Out


What do you think of my matte/shiny zebra look? And the matte/shiny look in general?

Stay tuned for my Photo-a-Day post later!

Claws up!


7 comments:

  1. I love subtle glossy-matte combos, it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, this combo really looks awesome :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing :)
    I've said it before, but I'll say it again - you are super talented when it comes to nails!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of matte and shiny!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...