Saturday, June 2, 2012

Do Owls Eat Skittles?

Hey guys!  So lately I have been feeling that I haven't done much real nail art.  Recording my nail art was one of the reasons I started my blog and I really wanted to get back into it.  I decided to do something really fun and I'm happy to say I love how it turned out!  Here is my version of the skittles owl mani.

I started with painting the first color over those hole reinforcement stickers on my cuticles to make half moons.  Then I painted on the color of the tummy, and used the back of a makeup brush and a tooth pick as my dotting tool.  I love how it came out, and I hope you guys too!



I was surprised how much I love the half moon look on me!  I always put off trying it because I hated having to wait for the first polish to dry to stick on the stickers.  But I really like it and I might have to keep trying different color combinations!



"Hoot Hoot" :)

Here's What I used:
The heads of the owls:
Jolly Rancher in Watermelon
Ring Pop in Orange Cream
Rainbow Nerds in Green Apple
Jolly Rancher in Blue Raspberry
Hot Topic Nail Polish (Unnamed dark purple with shimmer)


The bellies of the owls:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Bubblegum Pink
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed
Revlon Top Speed in Jaded
Hard Candy in Sky
Milani in Purple Passion (with white added)

Beaks and eyes:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out
Love My Nails in White
Sinful Colors in Unicorn

What do you guys think of my owl skittle mani?  Do you guys want to see more nail art?

Claws up!





7 comments:

  1. So cute!! Hoot hoot! I like that you did all different color owls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know if owls eat skittles, but i would eat your owls, that's how sweet they look ;-D
    just kidding, i would never eat such a smart birds, but yours are really cute... kinda eatable lol

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...