Thursday, June 21, 2012

Gradient Fail

Hey lovelies! I hope your weeks are going well.  Today I have another mani from when my laptop was broken. I opted for 3 colors instead of two, but for my first time I probably should have stayed simple, haha.  I opted for some light springs colors.

I started with a layer of white underneath, but I realized after I should have started with my lightest nail polish color which was blue. Oh well, you live and learn.  I then dripped each color on a plate and dabbed a make up sponge in it, and then on my nail.  It didn't look like a tradition gradient at all, but I think its still came out pretty cool, like water colors.






Its a little blotchy but still neat!

Here's What I used:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Bubblegum Pink
Milani in Purple Passion
Hard Candy in Sky

What do you think of my failed gradient? Do you guys have any tips for creating gradient nails?

Claws up!



3 comments:

  1. Usually I do gradients the way you did, but it is actually quicker and easier to paint stripes of the colors directly on the sponge, right next to one another and sponge them on all at once, pressing it against your nail multiple times. It makes them fade/mix inbetween each better/easier. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like watercolors! Cool!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...