Monday, September 3, 2012

Business on the left, party on the right

The only pattern I am more obsessed with than leopard print is leopard print and deep red.  I love how the neutrals in the leopard pattern looks with the bold red. They compliment each other perfectly! I have wanted to so a red/leopard mani for a while and I finally got off my butt and gave it a try.

There were many options I could have gone with: accent nails, french tips, half moons...it took me a couple days to decide how I wanted to do them.  But then I remembered seeing these nails by Nailside and I knew I found a winner.  She does amazing 50/50 manicures and I love how It looked with the leopard print on one side and a solid color on the other.  It reminded me of a mullet (but in a good way) with business on one side and a party on the other.

She stamped on her leopard print, and I actually was going to do the same, but I ended up free handing on the spots.  Sometimes I get supper annoyed with stamping. I hate cleaning the plate, stamper, and scraper between each nail. I feel like I am wasting polish and acetone. I used this tutorial by Chalkboard Nails to do the leopard print.  I ended up having so much fun making the spots! I love that you can pretty much do anything you want and they turn out amazing and really natural looking! Each spot looks unique from the others, just like real leopard never have the same spot patterns. I am so amazed how east and fun it was to do, I cant wait to make a million more leopard spot manis in all kinds of color combinations!


First I applied the gold to each nail.  Then I added the leopard print all over. I let them dry and using blue painter's tape I covered half of my nail and painted on the red.  Right away, I pealed off the tape.  I finished with Seche Vite.





Here is what I used:

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Golden-I
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out
Spoiled in Pumping Gas
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Cinna-Snap

What do you think of my 50/50 leopard look inspired by two amazing bloggers?

Claws up!



11 comments:

  1. That's so cool! The dark colors make it super chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that gold polish is so awesome :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you free handed the spots! they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the half and half look! Cute! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combinations. both the 50/50 and especially the colours you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty!! What a gorgeous combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, this is so much fun. :D I'm really loving the look of Cinna-snap. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...