Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Make Up Looks: Bright Eyed

Trying to create my own Julep nail polish color on Pinterest! Please follow my board :)

Hello everyone! I am very excited to show you my first even make up post! I have been meaning to do make up posts pretty much since I started my blog almost a year ago (OMG).  My bestie, Sara, has been telling me for ages that I need to do make up posts, and on a recent shopping trip with her, I picked up a great eye shadow palette.  We met up this weekend to hang out and I thought it was the perfect time to try it, and to finally do my first make up post!

While at CVS we spotted Milani eye shadow! I never even knew Milani made eye shadow, and as a nail polish fanatic, I was super excited about it.  Plus the colors were bright, bold, and amazing! I picked it up right away.  It is called 01 Paint Eyeshadow Palette.



The one thing that I don't like about this eye shadow is that the colors are not well pigmented at all.  So I needed to start with a primer, which I usually don't have to do when using my Urban Decay shadows.  Next, I needed to put a layer of the white all over my eyelid in order for the colors to pop.  Of course we all know that little trick from wearing neon nail polish. I feel so smart applying skills from one part of my life to another :-P

I love color coordinating my eye shadow to my outfits.  When we met up I opted for a bright purple and yellow outfit (which I will post about next).  This is what I came up with for my make up...





How I accomplished this look:
I started with Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion.
Then I put on a layer of the white shadow from the Milani palette.
Next I applied the yellow from the corners of my eyes outward.
Then I used the purple in the palette from the middle out, and a bit in the crease.
 I highlighted the inner corner of my eye with a nude shimmer from the Almay Intense I-Color palette for brown eyes.
I lined my lower lid with Korres eye pencil in purple.
I lined my upper lid at the lash line with Korres eye pencil in black.
I finished off with Maybelline Lots of Lashed mascara.
To pair with this crazy eye look I opted for a nude lip, using Mally lip gloss in Mally's Look.

What do you think of my bright eyed look? Should I do more make up look posts?

Claws up!

7 comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...