Saturday, September 1, 2012

Teal Talons: PCOS Awareness!

Rabbits rabbits! Happy first day of September.  I am so happy that summer is coming to an end and fall is about to start. I love the cool air, turning leaves, fall fashions, and everything pumpkin!  Oh and of course Ben's birthday, my birthday, and Halloween!

But today's post is about a more serious topic: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.  An amazing beauty blogger, Nory of Fierce Makeup and Nails, contacted me, and other nails bloggers, about doing a PCOS inspired post since September is PCOS awareness month.  Nory is one of many women that are living with this, in fact one in ten woman have it. That's a lot! I didn't know much about PCOS but Nory explained to me that some of the things that come with it are weight gain, facial hair increase, blood sugar problems, depression, and infertility.

Nory's goal is to educate and spread awareness about PCOS, and one way she is doing it is by inspiring other nail bloggers, such as myself, to create a manicure to spread awareness.  The PCOS awareness color is teal, so we could use the colors teal and white in our manicure.



I, myself, do not have this syndrome so I can't talk from personal experience, but after researching the symptoms, I might feel less feminine if I had some of these symptoms.  Things like excess facial hair and especially infertility might make a woman feel less womanly.  So for my nails, I went for a very feminine design.


Doing you nails might seem like something so small, but it can have a huge effect on self esteem.  Making your nails look beautiful and feminine and make you feel the same way about yourself.  So what is more feminine than a classic French manicure? Of course I needed to add teal since it is the PCOS awareness color, so I added some teal and glittery accents for an even more feminine look.  Last I added some rhinestones because every girl needs a bit of bling!




Here is what I used:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White Out
Barielle in Island Breeze
Sinful Colors in Nail Junkie

What do you think of my PCOS awareness nails? Will you be going teal in September for PCOS awareness?

For more information and support on PCOS check out these websites:
http://www.pcoschallenge.com/  - Support System to help women with PCOS

Claws up!









8 comments:

  1. Love your manicure and it's so great that you did it for Nory and all women with this disease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I especially like the little rhinestone accents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! Thank you so much for the support and being part of this whole thing, this means a lot to me <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely. And while I don't have PCOS I have had ovarian cysts. Those suck, I can't even imagine what having PCOS feels like :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard of this disease, great that you support it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving all of the awareness manis!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...