Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Halloween Gradient Fail

Hey guys. Sorry this mani is a bit late.  Ben is visiting me this weekend and I didn't have much time to care for my baby blog.  We have been pretty busy this weekend.  My mom got me horseback riding lessons for me as an early birthday gift.  It was really fun, I have never been horseback riding more than just following a line in a trail.  It was fun to learn how to steer and trot.  We are taking a relax day today so I finally have some time to post and catch up on blog reading.

As you all know I am terrible at gradients but I thought I'd try it again in honor of the best holiday ever.  Overall...it still came out terrible.  As guess as a nail artist there are some techniques we are really good at, and some we just can't seem to master.


Photobucket

I really loved these too polishes.  The orange is Color Club Sparkle and Soar which is a stunning orange polish with gold shimmer which really catches the light.  I thought it would look great paired with Sally Hansen Insta-dri In a Flurry.  In a Flurry is an amazing black polish with blue, purple, and green shimmer.  I am seriously in love with it. I really need to just wear it on its own so I can show you the amazingness.


Photobucket
I have tried a number of gradient methods and none of them seem to work for me. I think My thumb came out decent, but it doesn't look too gradienty, more like a 50/50 mani.  Yes, I did just say "gradienty."


Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is what I used:

Photobucket
Color Club in Sparkle and Soar
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in In a Flurry

Overall I adore these colors on thier own, but I was pretty much a fail making them into a gradient. I guess I will try something different to show the beauty of these Halloween colors.

Do you think this gradient was a fail? Do you have any nail techniques that you just can't seem to master?

Claws up!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I don't think it came out that bad. You can just call it a 50/50 gradient! So cool that you went horseback riding! I hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it came out as a full gradient, but it still looks really cool as a halloween mani! It's like a gothy candy corn look ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The polishes look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks nice, gradient with glitters is hard, so don't be so hard on yourself :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't be so hard on yourself! I still think it looks like cool Halloween nails. What method do you use? I use the makeup sponge method. I've only used it twice, and its worked once and not so much the second time, but I think the second time was due to the formulas of the polishes I used conflicting. I'm mostly bad at nail art, period haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't call this a fail, I really like it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even post my gradients. I use tutorials, I try different methods and nothing. But I wouldn't call this a fail :P It's one of those things where you go for one look but you come out with something different but still just as neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this! Definitely not a fail! :D

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...