Monday, October 1, 2012

Halloween Sugar Spun

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF OCTOBER! While Fall is my favorite season, October is my favorite month.  It has the perfect weather, cool and crisp, but not too cold, the leaves are starting to change and of course Halloween!  If I could celebrate Halloween every day of the year I would, but in order to not receive odd looks from people wearing a witch costume in July, I'll just stick to celebrating during the entire month of October.  I already have my costume all set and my house completely decorated outside (yes my dad and I ARE those obnoxious neighbors) so all that's left is...a month of Halloween manis!

To start off this month I wanted to try the sugar spun look.  I have attempted it once and it was so terrible i took it off right away before I even took photos. I was determined this time to do it and I think it came out pretty well!


Of course, going with Halloween month, I chose orange and black for this look. I think the black looks really cool sugar spun. I know most people are using toothpicks to spin their polish, but I decided to use a really small dotting tool.  I felt that using the dotting tool made the polish think and stringy faster than a toothpick.  I also opted for a layer of top coat to flatten out the strings.



Here is what I used:
Sally Hasnen Xtreme Wear- Sun Kissed
Sally Hasnen Xtreme Wear- Black Out

What do you think of my sugar spun Halloween look?

Claws up!



14 comments:

  1. That looks so cool! Looks very Halloween-y!! So excited for October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it's so fun! Halloween is my favorite holiday too, I tend to celebrate throughout the entire month as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These nails are fab! I've never heard of "sugar spun" before but want to give it a try now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this! Very Halloween-y! And I agree about October being the perfect month, weather-wise. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JEALOUS. I CANNOT make this look work no matter what I do. You've inspired me to try again, though! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can use the same technique and make MUMMY Nails! Thanks for the idea :D

    Samantha
    Come by to enter my International Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how stinkin cute are these!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job on these! Also I think sugar spun nails and Halloween go perfectly together! And Fall and Spring are my fav seasons (I feel like they are the same but in reverse).

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...