Monday, December 3, 2012

Vintage Flowers

Hello ladies! How was your weekend?  I was off work today since I started my new babysitting job this morning.  I am enjoying a full day to do my nails and catch up on some much needed blogging.  I gotta say, I love Pinterest!  I was reluctant to join when it first came out, but it has provided me the perfect way to save blog pages of nail designs that I love.  Whenever I don't know what I paint I can scroll though until I find some inspiration.  This morning Polish Art Addiction's Grandma's Flowers caught my eye and I knew I wanted to recreate it.  I really loved the elegance of it and the vintage feel. One beautiful mani Leslie!

Photobucket

Doing this mani was super relaxing.  I enjoyed sipping on some tea while just seeing where the flowers took me.  In the end I love how it turned out.  Not as beautiful as Leslie's version, but I love looking at my hands and seeing these on my nails!  Like grown up nail art!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Please excuse my sad pinky.  This cold weather is doing a number of my cuticles.  Let's just pretend that's not there. Shhh, NOT THERE!

Here's what I used:

Photobucket

Kleancolor in Orchid Chrome
Hard Candy in Sky
Ciate in Strawberry Milkshake
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Emerald City
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On

What do you think of my version of Leslie's vintage looking flowers?

Claws up!

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I love it lol grown up nail art. The Orchid Chrome is soooo pretty now I have to go searching for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are so cute! The colors look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new background picture, and these flowers are really delicate and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! And I love your new blog background too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the colors and the flowers! Nice blog background!

    About the blog buttons, I don't remember where I got them exactly. The link was on someone's website ages ago and I clicked it. I don't think I kept the link, but if you Google "free blog buttons" you can probably find something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog for the details!
    http://sarahlounails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute design, love the different colours :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous- love those little pastel flowers. Cute!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...