Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cutie Pie Stripes

Happy new year everyone! Wooo first post of 2013!  I hope everyone had a wonderful new years celebration. I went out with Ben, Sara, and a friend from work, Michelle, to hop some bars, and watch out local ball drop ceremony at midnight.  I had a really fun time, it was great going out with some of my favorite people and just relaxing and having fun without any drama.  Of course, a night out does damage to a girl's mani, and when the night was over, my nails were in need of a new look.

This brings me to day 7 of the Ciate Mini Mani Month!

Photobucket

Meet Ciate in Cutie pie, a super sheer, very light pink polish.  This polish is probably intended to be used as a French mani base, since it is so sheer.  I was fooling around with it and after 4 coats it was pretty opaque, but you could still see the nail line under.  This is 2 coats:

Photobucket

I had JUST done a french look, so I didn't want to do another.  After debating (and a few unsuccessful attempts) I came up with a see through stripe look.  Also Ben was a very helpful nail assistant  and handed me my polishes and tools. Thanks Ben! (There's your credit!! :-P )

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's what I used:

Photobucket
Ciate in Cutie Pie
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out

In the end I like how this came out, like little windows than you can see through to my nail.  A little cute, and a little rocker too!

What do you think of this see through strip look?

Claws up!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, very cool! I like the thumb and th ring finger especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this look! I'm always a fan of the window effect, but this design really makes it awesome! If my nails were in better condition I would totally be doing this to myself right now haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the contrast! Now I wanna try something like this :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I really like the heart nail!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...