Monday, January 28, 2013

Put me on Speed Dial

A.K.A.-Why you should not attempt nail art while recovering from getting your wisdom teeth extracted.

Well I am still on the long and painful process of recovery, thing aren't going too much better, I still wake up in a lot of pain and I still look like a chipmunk, also I am really over eating the same foods every day.  But when I was REALLY over was naked nails.  I took off my nail polish before I got my teeth pulled...because I'm crazy.  I told myself it was that I didn't have to look at chipped nail polish for 3 days while I was recovering.  The real reason was that I was wearing crazy bright orange, and I didn't want to distract the anesthesiologist from putting the IV in my hand (I have an irrational fear of getting needles in my inner elbow so I didn't want to mess anything up).  Yes, I know I am quite insane.

After a few days I really just needed some color on my nails, so I broke out day 14 of the Ciate Mini Mani Month.

Photobucket

This is Speed Dial.  A really nice red-coral color, opaque in 3 coats.  This is what I love about this box, it is allowing me to try polishes that I normally would never would have bought on my own.  I'm not a big fan of coral really, but this polish is really pretty.  I had good intentions for this polish, I really did.  I planned something really cute and pretty to match this polish.  I found this manicure on Pineterest and I decided it was perfect. Now I am a little embarrassed to show you what came next, so lets just scroll down quickly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's what I used:

Photobucket
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On
Ciate in Speed Dial

This looks decent...when I hold my hand reeeeaaaally far away from my face and wave it around all fast.  I also decided that I need some REAL nail art tools, so that, plus Zoya's Jacqueline, will be my next purchase.  Ok, yay this is over.

Claws up!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I like the coral color and the white goes very well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh that is adorable! love the hearts :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like the drippy heart look! It is cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! love the melted white color effect
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...