Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wear Your Glass Slippers to Jail

Hey everyone. I am about to go get my wisdom teeth pulled, so the next time you heard from me I will be down 4 teeth (and probably hopped up on pain killers and drooling over my ice cream). But until then, I have day 13 of the Ciate Mini Mani Month.

Photobucket

This is Glass Slipper.  When I first saw it in the bottle, I thought it was a blue polish with lots of blue glitter, but looking closer I saw that it is a very packed and fine blue glitter in a clear base.  You might be able to build this up to opacity in 3-4 coats, but I decided to use it as a glitter topper. This would look gorgeous over a dark blue, but I really wanted to highlight the glitter, so I layered it over the most contrasting and obnoxious color I could find...

Photobucket

Bright orange. As you know I love accent nails, so I decided to add some dark blue rhinestones to compliment the blue glitter.  As they say, you win some, you lose some, and I would chalk this up to a loss.  I felt like it had potential, but the fine glitter didn't really go well over such a contrasting color.  Then I tried to add the rhinestones in a randomish pattern, and totally failed. I almost didn't show this one to you guys, but I wanted to get through the Ciate box, and not have to repeat polishes.  So lets just get through this post quick so you can stop looking at this mess :-p

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's What I used:

Photobucket

Ciate in Glass Slipper
Spoiled in Jail Bait

Love the neon orange. Love Glass Slipper. Don't love them together.  I don't know how to make rhinestones looks random.

What do you think of glass slipper?

Claws up!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I don't think it's a fail at all! Also, good luck on your wisdom teeth! I got all 4 of mine cut out almost a year ago. You'll be so hopped up on meds that you'll just sleep for a lonnnng time. And the pain goes away after a couple of days. Good luck!

    p.s. I had forgotten to add the pic of the lipstick Black Cherry on my lips for some reason... but I added it now and updated it! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the contrast! :) I prefer it so I can really see the glitter. ;) Hope all goes well with your surgery ♥ I know it is no fun, but it's nice to have it done and over with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the blue over the bright orange! So fun! And I like the title for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually really like this combo!

    And good luck with the teeth! Right after I had mine out I insisted on going grocery shopping. I did not remember what I bought and had no clue my teeth were covered in blood :) Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue and orange looks great together! Hope everything goes well with your getting your teeth out! I had mine done a few years ago, but went right home and started working on homework. It isn't too bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Many of our fans are looking forward to see pictures from excellent bloggers like you on world's 1st eyewear styling community plus.firmoo.com, could we have the honor to see you there?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...