Friday, February 15, 2013

Candy and Cupcakes

Hello everyone.  I hope you all had an amazing Valentine's no matter who you spent it with or what you did.  Since Ben and I live about 4 hours away, we celebrated last weekend, so yesterday my kitty, Muffin, was my valentine.  I also received some unfortunate news, that Lady Gaga had to cancel the Born This Way Ball due to health conditions.  I was devastated   My dream for years has been to see her in her hometown of NYC.  I amazingly got tickets even though they sold out in 10 seconds, made my outfit and everything.  It is really crushing to know that I wont get to see her, and I don't know if I ever will get to see her in New York :(

To top off my bad day, for some reason Pinterest wont let me pin anything off my blog :( if you guys know anything about how to fix that, or if its happening to you too, please let me know!  It is really annoying not being able to pin from my own blog :(

Amongst all this sadness, I still had to move on with the Ciate Mini Mani month.

Photobucket

Day 18 brought another bottle of caviar pearls.  This one is called Candyshop, and is filled with little pink, teal, and orange beads.  For some reason, these caviar pearls gave me the most trouble figuring out what color to wear them with.  Sticking with a sweet theme, I wore them with a mint polish, and a sweet little accent nail!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I went with the mint color to create the wrapper for my little cupcake.  I have to say I was really happy with how it came out!  Sticking with my caviar pearls, I stuck them to my cupcake as the spinkles.  Unfortunately, I really had a struggle with these beads.  I like to topcoat my caviar manis to keep from beads falling off. When I added the topcoat to my thumb, however, the colors on the pearls completely bled! It was a mess, so I left the others untouched.  I did have to topcoat my cupcake, and you can see the bleeding there, which was really sad.  I took these photos quick because I was losing beads left and right, and when I was done I had to topcoat the remaining fingers. Bleh.

Photobucket

Photobucket

P.S. you can see the ring Ben got me on my index finger <3

Here's what I used:

Photobucket

Ciate Caviar Pearls in Candyshop
Revlon in Jaded
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On

Even though I stuggled with these caviar pearls, I still love the colors and love how it came out. I am super prous of my little cupsake too! Usually my first nail art attempts don't work out, so I was really pleased. I loved using the caviar beads as the sprinkles, I think I might use this idea for a whole, super sweet, cupcake mani!

What do you think of Ciate's Candyshop, and my candy and cupcake mani?

Claws up!

Photobucket



9 comments:

  1. That cupcake is so freakin' cute!! Love it!

    Sorry about the concert! She'll have a concert in NY again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why Pinterest isn't working. Did you use the tutorial that I linked to from my blog? That one is really easy.

      Delete
  2. ahhhh i freaking LOVE this! The cupcake is perfect. I have an odd obsession with cupcakes on things (like nails & baby clothes), even though I can't stand to eat them...

    and that sucks about the show! Maybe you can see her in NYC sometime soon. One of my best friends is also obsessed with lady gaga, and is seeing her in a couple weeks here in Nashville i think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww thank you! haha i love to look at them and eat them :-P

      :( sadly you friend might not be seeing her since the rest of the tour is cancelled

      Delete
  3. I love how your mani turned out! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeee! So pretty! Love the cupcake theme. :D

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...