Saturday, February 2, 2013

There's a Bee in my Big Yellow Taxi

Happy Saturday (and Groundhog's day) everyone! I hope you guys are enjoying it. Unfortunately, as you read this I am stuck at work.  Also unfortunately, I had a pretty bad break on my thumb nail (oh clumsy me) and its super filed down.  But the good new is its day 16 of Ciate's Mini Mani Month.

Photobucket

This is Big Yellow Taxi.  And while this is a really nice spring pale yellow, it is definitely not the color of a NY taxi cab. Eh, you can't win them all.  I have another light yellow in my collection, but I like this one way better.  Its both pastel and bright making it the perfect yellow. On my left hand I wore 3 thin coats, and on my right I wore 2 thicker coats.  This is my new go to light yellow!  This color reminded me more of spring and bumble bees, than taxis.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's what I used:

Photobucket

Ciate in Big Yellow Taxi
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White on
Kiss Nail Artist Fine Art Pen - Black

Even though I'm not a yellow person, I really like this one.  I think it pairs well with my skin tone, its a really beautiful color.  I have fun using my nail art pen to make my cute little bee! I think this turned out super cute and really fun!

What do you think of Big Yellow Taxi and my bee manicure?

Claws up!

Photobucket

P.s. Don't think this spring mani means I'm hoping good old Punxatawney Phil tells us spring is coming soon.  Spring is actually my least favorite season. Keep the winter coming!

24 comments:

  1. That little bee is so cute! I like that yellow color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one who hated spring! I feel like we are secret kindred spirits or something lol.

    Also, this colour really suits your skin, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was too! Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I'm glad someone else understands how terrible spring really is lol

      Aww thank you!!

      Delete
  3. This is super cute!!! I love that little bee. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute lil bee for a cute manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little bee is too cute! And I love your Claddagh! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! my boyfriend got it for me for our 2 year anniversary :)

      Delete
  6. Cute mani!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wtf, THIS IS THE CUTEST THING EVER. I wish my nail art looked like that. My hands shake so bad it's like i have freaking Parkinson's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you! hahah gotta lay off the caffeine :-P

      Delete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...