Monday, March 4, 2013

Margarita Madness

Hey ladies! I don't know about you, but I'm about ready to be done with winter. Actually i'd like to skip right past spring and go straight to summer!  Summer not only means a break from the cold (and blistering heat) but I will finally get to take time off work.  But until then I just need to keep saving up for my big move.  I even made some big bucks the other night babysitting the little boy that I watch at my house in the morning.  I forgot how much babysitting makes!  While I was hanging out on the couch while he was asleep and I was waiting for his parents to come home, I was planning out my next mani.

Today is day 23 of the Ciate Mini Mani month! Yes that's right, after today there is just ONE more day left!

 photo 015_zps69d4d43e.jpg


This is Mojito, a nice lime green.  Not too light, dark or bright, its the perfect middle ground.  Unfortunately this polish had the crappiest formula. It was super thin and needed 3-4 coats. This polish might have been called Mojito, but the perfect lime color reminded me more of margaritas.

 photo 002_zpsf64f26ac.jpg

 photo 004_zps6e1ddea0.jpg

I started these nails with 3 thick layers of Mojito.  Then I dipped a toothpick in some white polish and stippled it at the tips of my nails to look like the salt around the class.  Then I remembered that I bought a pack of fruit salad fimo slices. I was super stoked about them and finished off this mani by gluing on some limes!

 photo 007_zps5cb7a665.jpg

 photo 010_zpse2a3f44a.jpg

 photo 012_zpsc5168c89.jpg

The Line Up:

 photo 014_zpsebdead35.jpg
Ciate in Mojito
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On

I am soooo happy with how these came out!  I was worried that the salt wouldn't come out the way I hoped, but it really ended up looking like real salt!  And these fruity fimos were so much fun!  They add the perfect touch.  I can't wait to keep using all the other fruits to make some more sweet manis. I can't top looking at this delicious drink mani, and if I wasn't dreaming of summer before, I sure am now!

What do you think of Mojito? Does this mani have you dreaming of summer too?

Claws up!

 photo 013_zps9350d957.jpg

14 comments:

  1. This is too cute! Love the limes and the "salt."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Stinks about the formula, it's a rest color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute! I love those little fimos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour and the design is so cute! x

    http://www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin?

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha this mani is too cute! I love how it came out. It sucks that the formula was crappy but you made it work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the cutest thing! And the colour is gorgeous <3

    Anna @ FEED ME NANA xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, okay this may actually be my favorite. this is so stinkin' cute! I've never seen anything like it. The salt is such a perfectly cute idea. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness those are adorable!!!
    I love doing nails as well. Sadly I just started blogging and never took pictures of my nail designs before now, but I will be posting some of my designs soon too!

    <3 Kayla un-simplyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! It's a shame the formula is bad, because that color is to die for!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...