Friday, April 5, 2013

Makeshift Cinderella

Hey everyone!  As you read this (if you're reading this Friday afternoon) I am actually in Virginia looking at apartments and a job! Ben got a job in VA, near Washington DC, and we are moving at the end of June.  I'm not too thrilled about having to move so far from home, and I am super worried about moving my cat so far away, but I can't even tell you how excited I am to finally be close to Ben.  After 4 years of long distance dating, it is going to be amazing getting to see him all the time. And luckily I wont be so far away from home that I can't hop on the bus and visit for a weekend!

I wanted to wear something light and pretty on my nails.  I recently won the Sinful Colors Sugar Rush collection in a giveaway and it was time I finally get them a try.  When I saw the polish, Sugar Rush, a pastel blue, it reminded me of Cinderella.  I don't have Cinderella, but I do have a nice shimmer polish, and I thought I might be able to make a Cinderella look-a-like.

 photo 001_zps8ee26675.jpg

 photo 003_zpsbdd8c98b.jpg

I have been totally obsessed with circle glitters lately, and I remembered I had big, iridescent, blue circle sequins. They totally matched my polish so I added them on for an extra touch of bling.

 photo 004_zpscc272bd8.jpg

 photo 005_zpsf96f2a40.jpg

 photo 007_zpsc9b72c10.jpg

The Line Up:

 photo 010_zps8cdc7195.jpg

Sinful Colors in Sugar Rush
Ciate in Halo

I was really happy with this look. I thought Halo made Sugar Rush look so beautiful, and you can never go wrong with circle glitters!

Do you think my layering experiment looks like a Cinderella doupe?

Claws up!

 photo 008_zps312541f9.jpg

5 comments:

  1. It definitely reminds me of Cinderella! The iredescent circles are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your new banner! That's so exciting about moving. I did long distance for a similar length of time and it was sooooo hard. This mani looks great! The circle glitters are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very Cinderellaesque! I love the glitters you added to it!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...