Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Say My Name

Hello everyone! I am finally here with another mani to show you!  Recently the Zoya, Lovely collection came out, and I wasn't sure if it was the beautiful light nude color, or the fact that we share a name, but Jacqueline really caught my eye, and I was determined to own it!  It just seemed like the perfect base for some delicate nail art.  I feel like I always want to go to my bottle of white polish, while everyone else used colors like My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and other off-white colors.

On another note, my mom recently signed up to be a Julep Maven...that's right, my mom, not me.  But the good thing about my mom signing up is that I get all the polishes in the box my mom doesn't like, SCORE!  She asked if I wanted the most recent box, and since it was full of neons, of course I said yes. And there it was...Jackie, another gorgeous polish featuring my name!  I knew I needed both polishes, and I knew I needed to wear them together.

 photo 001_zps1a4e3b70.jpg

 photo 002_zpsd2a39ee9.jpg

I wanted something to showcase both colors together, so I decided to try a needle drag mani for the first time. And I have to say...I love it! It's such a cool effect that's super easy to do!

 photo 004_zps759982d9.jpg

 photo 005_zpsbb84dc42.jpg

The Line Up:

 photo 008_zps8f3b62fb.jpg

 photo 007_zps7f8d16aa.jpg

Haha-so cool!

I love how well these two colors go together, and the fun needle drag effect!  I am already planning other fun colors to needle drag together, and nail art to use the two "Jacquie's" with.

Do you like the needle drag look? Do you ever rock any namesake polishes on your claws?

Claws up!

 photo 006_zps7c4b5d0b.jpg

10 comments:

  1. I have plans to use that technique for the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done,luckily your mother didn't like the polishes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work! I think you nabbed the best one in the collection and you know? The color combination reminds me of strawberries and cream! Thats also really cool that your mum will give you the polishes she's not keen on :D Also in reply to the comment you left on my blog about confidence: your nail art and blog are awesome, you should feel proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun! Some day I will have a polish that shares my name...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this! It's fun but it also kind of looks like blood, but maybe I'm just morbid haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome! Don't know if i've ever seen it before. Super neat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tried the needle drag once before but I failed. Your turned out fantastic! It kind of reminds me of a cheese cake with strawberry swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I not only want polishes because of their name but I want butter LONDON's British Racing Green because its the exact color of my car.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous together! I am addicted to drag marbling! It is such a fun and easy technique, and the looks are endless! I also have this obsession with owning every polish I come across that has my name! Julep has a matte suede one that I still need to get!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...