Wednesday, May 22, 2013

NYC Skyline

Hello everyone!  As you guys know I had been feeling sick lately.  I'm not all better yet, but I've been trying to eat foods that are better on my tummy so that I can feel back to normal soon.  Luckily I felt well enough for some nail art, and I have been itching to do some!

I am a proud New Yorker! I'll talk to you more abut my love for this great state in a future post, but I knew that I needed to do some NYC Skyline nails to represent the city I love so much.  I found these nails on Pinterest and it was nail-love at first sight.

 photo 004_zps9ed23d60.jpg

 photo 006_zpsd8f4e88b.jpg

 photo 007_zps6a5bc552.jpg

 photo 008_zpsb87de370.jpg

These nails were so easy to do and I think they look so cool! I can't get over them!

 photo a742e32e-cf2e-4a15-a853-abf1555ab905_zpsa22eccf9.jpg

1. After applying your base coat, apply a shimmery orange polish.
2. Using a small angled brush dipped in black polish, paint the outline of the buildings. Make each building a different height for a more realistic look.
3. Fill in the buildings with your black polish.
4. Using your smallest dotting tool, add white dots for the lights on your tallest buildings. Clean up, and top coat it. All done!

The line up:

 photo 012_zpscffa3545.jpg

Color Club in Sparkle and Soar
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On

I can't tell you enough how much I loved this.  Sparkle and Soar is so gorgeous, and it made the background to my skyline look like a brilliant NY sunset.

Do you love NYC as much as I do?

Claws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...