Monday, June 10, 2013

Caviar and Skittles

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a good weekend. I got back yesterday from my trip to Florida for my grandpa's 95th birthday party.  It was nice seeing all of my family again and catching up over when we had all missed in the last 5 years. We even got to spend some time watching through a nature preserve, which was really hot, humid, but really pretty!  When I got back I wanted to do a quick mani so I decided on an idea that I havve been thinking of doing for a while...ever since I got my Ciate Mini Mani Month advent calendar.

I already had a bottle of caviar pearls that my mom got a while back, PLUS the Ciate calendar came with 4 other bottles of caviar pearls.  I knew that some day I needed to do a caviar skittle mani and this was the day!

 photo 099_zps25aaa16d.jpg

 photo 100_zpsbb72b7f9.jpg

 photo 101_zpsc468eb32.jpg

 photo 102_zps6f524310.jpg

 photo 103_zps3e4f6fe4.jpg

The Line Up-Part One: The Pearls

 photo 097_zpsce7ee9b0.jpg
Ciate Caviar Pearls in Multi Colour
Ciate Caviar Pearls in Bumble Bee
Ciate Caviar Pearls in Candyshop
Ciate Caviar Pearls in Sundance
Ciate Caviar Pearls in Prom Queen

I wanted to keep this mani totally Ciate, so I tried to pick polish colors that went with the colors of the beads from the Mini Mani Month.

The Line Up-Part One: The Polish

 photo 098_zps697545ba.jpg
Ciate in Strawberry Milkshake
Ciate in Twilight
Ciate in Power Dressing
Ciate in Mojito
Ciate in Cupcake Queen

I was really happy with the polish and pearl parings that I creating, I feel that each one really went well with the colors of the pearls. I will have to do more manis with these color combos.  I thought the caviar skittle look was really fun! Before I started I was worried that all the pearl colors wouldn't work together, but having the same look on each nail in different colors ended up looking pretty cool! I ended up really loving this mani.

What do you think of this caviar skittle look?

Claws Up!

 photo 106_zps82b16792.jpg

There's more after the jump!


P.S. I wanted to add some photos of my Florida trip in case you wanted to see some of what I did, enjoy!

 photo 055_zps5c026424.jpg

A mommy bird and her chicks.

 photo 078_zpsc7c00dcd.jpg

This silly crane kept trying to eat the same feather that he thought was a fish! Oh well, he was still pretty.

 photo 087_zps4aff0a81.jpg

Another birdy and her two babies.

 photo 091_zps1f6fea6c.jpg

We spotted an alligator!

 photo 096_zpsf2302f2a.jpg

Happy birthday grandpa, you are king for a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...