Monday, July 15, 2013

Beachy Keen

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. Ben and I spent Sunday on a nice hike at a local park. We saw lots of little frogs and butterflies.  The views of the trees and river were absolutely gorgeous, and we even had a picnic in the woods. Tomorrow is actually my first day back at work after over a month off that I took to move down to Virginia. As nice as it was having all the time in the world to do anything I wanted, I was starting to get a little bored and now that I have to pay rent and buy my own food, I could use the money.

Even though I'm going back to work, its still summer time, and I have been dreaming of the beach. Unfortunately I never got the chance to go this summer before I started work, so I figured I'd just put the beach on my nails!

 photo 057_zps7d7102de.jpg

 photo 062_zpsce8bb6c8.jpg

 photo 002_zps0638f688.jpg

 photo 061_zpsd9d8c1af.jpg

Here's a closeup of my thumb. Ignore that black blob on the top. I tried to add a bird, but that was major failsauce.

I haven't done a tutorial for you guys in a while, so I thought now was the time.

 photo beachtut_zps0a7d4fc0.jpg

1. Start with a base coat, then dab on the teal polish on the bottom of your nail, half way up using the makeup sponge.
2. At the very bottom of your nail, by the cuticle, dab on the dark blue polish. Then dab the light blue polish starting in the middle of the nail, working up towards the tip.
3. Paint the nude polish on the tips on your nails. Important: Add your top coat NOW, you wont be able to add it after the next step.
4. Add the nude textured polish right on top of the first nude polish on the tips. Don't add a top coat, it will smooth out the textured polish. All Done!

Here's what I used:

 photo 064_zps8c2aa3c1.jpg

Zoya in Godiva
Barielle in Sky's The Limit
Barielle in Island Breeze
Hard Candy in Sky
Zoya in Jacqueline

I was pretty happy with how these beach nails came out. As soon as I picked up Godiva I knew I wanted to use it for beach nails. The beige color and sandy texture are perfect for the sandy beach. I like how all the colors blend together to look like the different blues of the ocean.

Are you dreaming of the beach too? What do you think of these beachy nails?

Claws Up!

 photo 063_zpsd68f6c9b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...