Tuesday, September 10, 2013

An Apple a Day

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a nice weekend. Sadly I had to work Saturday AND Sunday, but luckily I was off on Friday. Ben and I have been talking about going apple picking all summer and with fall just around the corner, it was the perfect time for apples. We had so much fun! The weather was perfect and I loved getting to pick our own fruit. I have been wanting to try these apple nails done by Taya: My Little Beauty World for a while, so I thought it was only appropriate to give it a go!

010





011

015

017

The Line Up:

006

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On
Spoiled in I Only Eat Salads
Spoiled in Pumping Gas
Ciate in Dangerous Affair
Ciate in Cutie Pie
OPI in Candlelight

I decided to do a little tutorial for these because its been a while since the last time I did one.

Untitled

1. Apply your base coat, then 1 coat of your shear pink polish.
2. Using a curved swooping motion, make 2 arches with your apple colored polish, then fill it in.
3. Using the small dotting tool, draw a brown line for the stem.
4. Again, with your dotting tool, draw a curved white line, and a dot underneath it for the shine. Clean up and top coat it!

I thought these turned out super cute! I love how they are a French look, with some of my natural nail showing. I really loved the colors too. Every time I looked at my hands I was filled with joy thinking about fall.

I figured I would add some photos from our apple picking trip, so if you would like to see them, just click the jump.



001

We traditionally start a day of apple picking with my favorite fall breakfast: Dunkin Donuts! I had a bagel, pumpkin coffee, and a pumpkin pie filled donut. YUM!!

004

We stopped at a Party City after we ate to get some Halloween decorations for our apartment. I can never help myself and I always need to try on silly stuff when I'm there. RAWR!

011

When we got there we found out blackberries were still in season! Ben and I both love blackberries so we decided to pick some too.

021

It was nice that the apples were low enough that I could actually reach them!

025

It was such a beautiful day out and we had a lot of fun.

What do you think of these apple nails? Do you like going apple picking too?

Claws Up!

029

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...