Friday, September 13, 2013

Look Book: Mint Will be Very Big in Fashion Next Spring

Hey everyone and happy Friday the 13th! Hope you all had a great week and have fun plans for the weekend.  Starting at sunset today, and sunset on Saturday, is Yom Kippur. Yom Kippur is the Jewish day of atonement, and the way we atone is by fasting. Yep, no food or water for 25 hours. On top of that, we can't brush our teeth, shower, or wash our hands. Which means I only have a few hours to do my nails and wash my hair before I have to give it up all of Saturday. But before I do that, I am going horseback riding today with my friend from work! She actually lives on a small horse farm, and we are going to ride her own horses. I am super excited! I just need to be home before sunset.

Today I have an outfit post of one of my favorite summer outfits. Sometimes I'll put an outfit together, and I'll love it to much I keep wearing the same outfit whenever I go out. Its no secret that mint has been a big color lately. I always giggle when I see people talking about mint, because before anyone cared about the color, Lady Gaga said in the beginning of her music video for Marry The Night that "mint will be very big in fashion this spring." Low and behold, the spring after the video came out, mint blew up the fashion world, and its still really popular. Lady Gaga is not only a musical genius, but also a fashion genius. Anyway, I'm sure you are sick of reading and would rather look at outfit photos.

002





004

I was so happy when I scored these mint pants. I wasn't sure what I wanted to pair with them, but then I remembered how much I love pink and mint together. Its so delicate and girly. For some added texture, I layered an off-white lace shirt over my tank top. I actually got this shirt for $2 on clearance! Its such a great deal for a really pretty and versatile piece. I really love the scalloping on the bottom and the sleeves too!

006

After I put this outfit together, I wanted to make it even more versatile. What's even more popular than mint right now? Ombre! I am totally obsessed with my ombre mint shorts, so I decided to move this outfit to shorts-town.

010

012

016

Now that summer's coming to an end, I'll be sad to see this outfit go into the depths of my closet. It was as fun summer, but I am ready to welcome fall with open arms!

What do you think of mint, and my summer outfit? What was your favorite trend this summer?

Claws Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...